A NEW ENTRY

The whole day Raman and Ishita were very busy at their offices. At night, everybody had dinner together but Ishita was absent as she had an emergency case. Raman called her up to know when she will be back.

R: Hello Ishita, kahan ho yaar? Aur kitna time lagega?

Someone from the other end: Sir, main Dr. Ishita ki assistant bol rahi hoon. She is still performing the surgery. It will take almost an hour more.

R: Ohh. Okay. But she is okay na? I mean throughout the day she was fine na?

Receptionist: Yes sir, absolutely. But her car has broken down so she came to the clinic taking a cab. Unhone abhi bhi mujhe ek cab book karne bola hain.

R: What?! Itni raat ko cab? No way. I am coming to pick her up. Don't book the cab but don't tell her that I am coming.

Reception: Okay sir. (hangs up)

Raman asked Mr. Bhalla if Ishita's car was damaged. But he tells him that it was absolutely fine.

R: (to himself) Iska matlab Madrasan ki car aadhe raaste mein kharab ho gayi. Aur usne mujhe yeh baat batana jaroori bhi nahi samjha. She must have thought that I might be busy. Par itna bhi kya yaar. She knows that I will come anyway if she needs me. (pause) Does it mean that she doesn't need me?! No, no, no. Relax Raman. Ishita aisa kuchh nahi sochti. Aur waise bhi koi bhi baat humari dosti ke beech nahi aa sakti yeh hum discuss kar chuke hain. Khair abhi main jaake use pick karta hoon. (leaves the house)

Raman reached the clinic and asks for Ishita. But to his disdain, he learns that she had already left. And to his utter surprise, he learnt that someone came to pick her up. He decided to go back home with a thought that he might see Ishita on his way back. He was actually curious to know who was the person with whom she went.

After a few minutes, his car came to a screeching halt.At a nearby ice-cream parlour, he saw Ishita and an unknown man chatting happily over scoops of ice cream.

R: Ishita yahan pe! Aur yeh banda kaun hain? Itni raat gaye woh khushi-khushi ice-cream kiske saath kha rahi hain. I should go and see.

He rushed to the place and shouted her name.

R: Ishita! Tum yahan kya kar rahi ho? Main tumhare clinic gaya tha aur wahan pata chala that you left with some man.....

I: (cuts him) Relax Raman, he is my friend. Not an unknown man.

Man: Yaa Mr. Bhalla. Relax. Main use kidnap nahi karne waala tha.

I: Are Mr. Bhalla kya? He is Raman. My....

R: (loudly) Husband.

Man: You mean your Raavan Kumar, kudkud kumar?!

R: Kya! Yeh sab tumse kisne kaha?

Man: Ishu ne.

R: Ishu? She is Ishita.

I: Are Raman, he always calls me Ishu. He is my childhood friend, in fact my best friend, Mani!

M: I mean Abhimanyu Raghav. Ishu calls me Mani. Hi! Nice to meet you Raman.

R: (sternly) Hello! (under his breath) Not so nice to meet you! Hmm... Ishita chale? Kaafi der ho rahi hain.

I: Chalo Mani let me leave now. Ruhi intezaar kar rahi hogi ghar pe.

R: Haan aur main bhi tumhara intezaar kar raha tha bohot time se. Chalo.

M: (in a dramatic way) Kya yaar Ishu. Phirse judai...

I: (equally dramatic) Sabra karo. Sabra ka phal meetha hota hain.

Raman was visibly upset seeing Ishita so comfortable with someone else. He wanted to know everything about that guy and assure himself that no one will ever come in between him and his wife.