"We still don't know. The autopsy is scheduled for tomorrow morning at the very latest. We shall know more by then. But Sir, they'll need someone to come down and give confirmation of the body before they can proceed."

"Very well. Have the car ready to go. I'll be there shortly." Alexander replied.

"Wait," I said, stepping away from the desk. "I'll do it. Let me be the one."

"No. Out of the question. Carson, go. You have your orders."

Carson nodded and left the room as I dealt with Alexander pacing back and forth in front of me. He looked tense and his face was hard to read. When he stopped, he looked out the window in front of him and that's when I noticed what was making him so tense. Far off in the distance, a crowd had gathered next to the security gate. Reporters.

"Fucking vultures," Alexander growled. "They can't leave well enough alone."

"I told you, I'd go."

"And I said, no. Once your photo is taken, they'll never leave you alone."

"Then we'll take my car. My windows are tinted enough that they won't be able to get a snapshot of us. Come on."

I left the room in a mad dash. But really it was because I wanted to get out of there before Alexander changed his mind. The trip to my office only took a second as I grabbed my keys off the desk and walked back out again. By the time I reached outside, Alexander was already waiting for me on the steps of the Palace, leaning next to a column. His eyes looked at me, but I didn't return the favor. For it was merely a glance. From there I unlocked the doors and jumped into the driver seat as I started the engine.

"Do you know where we're going?" I asked.

"Just go like you're heading home. I'll show you the rest of the way."

White Petal Hospital was located near the center of London, about a fifteen-minute drive from my home. I parked in the back near the morgue entrance and stepped out with Alexander already three steps ahead of me. Inside, the building was very well lit with bright fluorescent lights running across the ceilings. A reception desk was our first stop as a lonely female employee greeted us upon our arrival with a flirtatious smile meant only for the Prince. I glanced at the floor, rolling my eyes at the obvious choice.

"Hi. What can I do for you?" She asked.

"A woman was brought in today by the name of Catriona Guerrero. I was told that I need to confirm the body before an autopsy can be performed."

"Yes. That's right. Let me just ring for the doctor. If you two would like to have seat right over there. The doctor will be with you shortly."

A small sitting area in the corner with a fish tank on one side and a small table on the other turned out to be not the most comfortable, but we made it work. Alexander sat next to the fish tank, tapping his finger against the glass. I sat opposite him, scanning the collection of past magazines that had come and gone with the past year or two. Nothing seemed of interest to me. So I occasionally glanced at Alexander. What was it about him that made him so alluring to me?

Running through vivid memories of our time being spent together behind closed doors. The only thing I could see was the attraction. The way he kissed and held me in his arms. Was he like that with everyone he came into contact with? Or was it just for show? If it was for show, he did a bang up job. If not, then every one of my past relationships didn't matter to me anymore. That I may have finally found the one that was right for me, after all this time. I smiled at the thought and that's when Alexander looked at me.

My heart leaped in my chest at the sight of his face and the way his lips molded into a perfect smile. His eyes alone held the power to pull me and like a Black Widow Spider, his arms would wrap around me in preparation for the kill. I moved my eyes even lower and watched his chest rise and fall from beneath his crisp white shirt and designer jacket. The tie alone acted as the final piece to a very long and complicated puzzle. I smirked, my mind flashing with raw images of the plans I would have for that tie if Alexander were in my bed.

I shook my head and looked away just in time to see a middle-aged man appear around the corner. He was dressed casually but still managed to maintain that businessman-like style. We stood up and together we shook his hand as he leads us into the backroom as I shivered when I noticed a significant drop in temperature. The autopsy room was down the hall to our right. It's lights automated that turned on once we crossed the threshold. While a series of lockers also known as cold storage aligned the far wall.

Three tables stood in the center with a single body draped with a white sheet laid in front of us. The doctor stood on one side as we stood on the other. Together we listened as the doctor filled us in on the crime scene and how the victim was found. Catarina was found in an alley on the far side of town. A rural area where no one on this side would ever dare to cross. That's when I remembered the other part of town just a quick drive across Tower Bridge. But what was Catarina doing there? I thought, her death surely a mystery.

"When you're ready," the doctor said. "I shall lower the sheet."

Alexander looked me as I nodded firmly. "We're ready."

The first few strands of hair that appeared followed by a flash of deathly pale skin, made me suck in a breath which seemed to have gotten stuck midway through. Her eyes were closed, her body perfectly poised with her arms resting at her sides. She looked like she was just sleeping rather than dead. Another few seconds of looking at her and I had to force myself to turn away. It was Alexander who gave the confirmation and requested that a copy of the autopsy report be sent to the Palace at its earliest convenience.

Once the paperwork had been signed and dated, we left the morgue without saying a word until we were locked inside my car together.

"Alexander," I said. "What is across Tower Bridge, and why does it look so different?"

His jaw set forward into a tight formation that made me think I had struck a nerve with him somewhere regarding my question. When he didn't respond, I decided to drive us back to the Palace in the hopes that he might reveal something. Again nothing. I parked near the entrance and waited for him to get out as he unbuckled his seatbelt and turned to face him. His eyes filled with concern."

"If you want me to tell you the story. Then you're going to need a drink and so will I."

Author's Note: Wow! Another Friday is already upon us. I can't believe it. On that note, I honestly didn't think this update would take seven days. But I guess it did. LOL. Furthermore, I'm kinda starting to like the direction this story is going into it. And I hope that you guys feel the same way. :) Also, I have a little surprise for you coming up very soon and I cannot wait for you guys to read it. So stay tuned for that and in the meantime, enjoy the chapter. Now I'm off to bed with PLL's playing on my TV. Night!