Chapter 1: The Dursleys

Mulai dari awal

Harry takes it, opens it and begins to read the letter inside:

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore

(Order of Merlin, 1st Class, Grand Sorcerer, Chief Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confederation of Wizards)

Dear Mr. Potter,

We are pleased to to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins on September 1st. We await your owl by no later than July 31st.

Your's sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall

Deputy Headmistress

Vernon said, "He will not be going!" Snape retorts, "You think a muggle, such as yourself, will stop him from attending?" Vernon said, "We swore when we took him in that we would put a stop to all that rubbish!" Snape was about to retort again, but Harry got there first, as he shouted, "You knew?! You knew all along and you never told me?!" Snape was watching the Dursleys with narrowed eyes as Petunia said, "Of course we knew! How could you not be! My perfect sister being who she was! Oh, mother and father were so proud the day she got her letter. We have a witch in the family. Isn't that wonderful? I was the only one who saw her for what she was..... A freak! Then she met that Potter and then she had you, and I knew you would be the same. Just as strange, just as abnormal. And then if you please, she went and got herself blown up and we got landed with you!" Snape was looking murderous, his knuckles white from holding his wand so tight. Harry shouts, "Blown up?! You told me my parents died in a car crash!" Snape had had enough, he went right up to Petunia and snarled, "How dare you call your sister a freak! She was no freak, Tuney! What possessed you to tell the boy that his parents died in a car crash?!" Petunia said, "We had to say something." Snape snarls, "Then tell him the truth!" Sparks flew from his wand, which made the Dursleys cower back from Snape. Snape continues, "Potter will be going to the finest wizarding school in all of England! With the greatest headmaster the school as ever seen, Albus Dumbledore!" Vernon said, "I will not pay some crackpot old fool to teach him magic tricks!" Snape said in a low and dangerous tone, "Never insult Albus Dumbledore in my presence." He may get annoyed with that meddlesome old fool, but he did save him from going to Azkaban and for that he was grateful. He has respected the Headmaster greatly, since. Snape spots Dudley trying to hide behind his mother, but failing as he was quite a large boy. Snape smirks coldly and points his wand at Dudley's backside. A pig's tail appears through his pajama pants. Dudley panicks and screams for his mother. Petunia and Vernon screams at seeing a tail poking out of his pajamas pants. They go to Dudley to try and help him. As the commotion continues, Snape turns to Harry and said, "Come Mr. Potter, I have been ordered to take you to Diagon Alley to assist you in getting your school supplies. Go and collect your things." Harry looks at the Dursleys still trying to get the tail off of Dudley's backside. Snape said, raising an eyebrow, "Unless you would rather stay here." Harry looks at Snape. Anything is better than the Dursleys. He was going to Hogwarts! Harry said, "No sir." Harry hesitates, then said, "I don't have any belongings...." Snape eyes Harry, before looking at the Dursleys. Another bit of information he'll have to mentally file away for later. He looks back at Harry and said, "I thought not. Come, Mr. Potter." Snape heads outside with Harry following close behind.

Harry found Snape standing on some rocks, waiting for him. Upon seeing Harry, he said, "Take hold of my arm, Potter. I will be apparating us to the Leaky Cauldron." Harry nods, a little afraid of what apparition was. He decides not to ask him and do as he was told. Harry grabs Snape's arm and holds on tightly. Snape looks over at Harry to make sure the boy is holding on. Once satisfied, he disapparates with Harry to the Leaky Cauldron. They arrived at the Leaky Cauldron. Harry lets go and bends over gasping for air. It felt like he was being squeezed through a straw! Snape looks at Harry and said, "You will get used to the sensation overtime." Snape books a room so that they could rest for the night. Snape said, "We will be spending the night here. Tomorrow morning, after breakfast, we will go to Gringotts Bank to withdraw some money from your vault. You will need the money to get your school supplies and robes." Harry looks surprised, "I have money, sir?" Snape sighs, damn those Dursleys! He said, "Yes, your mother and father left you a large sum of money. Spend it wisely, Mr. Potter." Harry nods as Snape took the key from Tom the InnKeeper. Snape said, "Follow me, Mr. Potter." Harry followed him upstairs and down the hall until Snape stops in front of a door. He inserts the key and unlocks the door. Snape moves aside to allow Harry to enter. Harry enters and looks around as Snape shuts the door and locks it. There was a stone fireplace with a fire already lit, an armchair was set next to the fireplace. There was a threadbare rug and a brown leather sofa. A small candle chandelier lit the room. In the next room was the bedroom. There was a large 4-poster bed with maroon drapes with matching curtains. An oak wardobe stood against the wall and an oak bed side table sat on either side of the bed. Another small candle chandelier lit the room. There was door on the left that lead to the bathroom. Inside the bathroom was a claw-footed bathtub, a sink with a talking mirror and a toilet completed the bathroom. As Harry walks back to the where Snape was standing. Snape said, "We have a busy day ahead of us tomorrow, so I suggest you get some sleep, Mr. Potter." Harry starts for the couch, but Snape stops him. Snape raises an eyebrow and asks, "And where do you think you're going, Mr. Potter." Harry said, "I thought I would be sleeping on the couch sir, while you sleep on the bed." Snape sighs and pinches the bridge of his nose, "I will sleep on the couch, Mr. Potter. You sleep on the bed." Harry said, "Ok, sir. Sorry sir." Snape sighs, "It's fine, now get to bed. The sooner you get your school supplies, the sooner I can get back to hogwarts." Harry sighs inwardly, "Yes sir." As Harry heads to the bedroom, He starts to think that Professor Snape seems to hate him. If so, then why does he hate him? Harry pushes the question to the back of his mind, as he climbs into bed. He takes off his glasses and puts them on the bed side table. Then, pulls the covers up to his chin and went to sleep. Snape removed his cloak and laid down on the couch. He wrapped his cloak around himself and soon falls asleep.