I Still Love You | dprlive.

The ring of a doorbell interrupted Julia as she finished the final touches on her curly bun. She was preparing for a night out with a man, her friend, Shauna had set her up with at the last minute. Julia didn't enjoy blind dates and she felt desperate for even taking the offer but after getting a good look at his picture and a wave of crippling loneliness washing over her when her daughter skipped out of the apartment she decided what damage would be done if she gave the guy a try.

Hopping up from her bathroom stool, Julia slid on her slippers pulling up her long beautiful dress as she walked. Opening her door Julia's eyes automatically rolled and then hardened as she caught sight at who was on the other side. He could sense she wasn't pleased to see him and acted on his own to slip past her inside. Whispering curses under her breath, Julia locked the door, taking in deep breaths before turning to follow behind him.

"Yeah, Just come in, my house is opened to you always." She said sarcastically, bumping into him as she returned back to the bathroom, to give herself the once over again, she could be a perfectionist when it came to her looks. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see him leaning against the wall with such a laid-back demeanor, she almost threw up in disgust.

There he stood, the father of her first child, Sunshine Jackson, a ball of energy and light in any room she bounced in. Julia held a lot of regrets when it came to messing with Dabin but Sunshine was something she was so grateful for, the little girl that helped kept her world turning even when she felt like she was at her lowest. Looking back at him, she could never say she hated him they had way too much history but the strong dislike she let build up always came out in attitude.

"Where are you going that your this dressed up?" He questioned eyeing her classy but sexy attire, the yellow popping beautifully against her dark brown skin, his eyes furrowing in thought as he continued to look her up and down.

"Not that its any of your business but I have a date tonight. Which you are eating up some of my time to finish getting ready for- what do you want?" He was so lost in his own head be couldn't even hear what she was asking.

"I reiterate again, What the hell do you want?" Annoyance laced her tone, the look on her face displaying nothing but pure irritation.

"I came to see if I could get Sunny, she could sleep at my place tonight, spend the day with me tomorrow and then I bring her back Sunday night," Dabin explained stuffing his hands into his pockets. "I wanted to take her to the new aquarium."

"If you ever read any of my texts you would know she's at a sleepover right now, a sleepover that's going to be lasting all weekend," Julia said shortly swiping lip gloss across her lips, conscious of the blatant staring he was doing.

"Oh, damn. I'll try again Next Friday then....so uh you have a date is what you said right?" Dabin asked trying to pretend like he didn't catch what she said. He heard it and it didn't feel good to hear her speak of it so casually.

"I did say that. Is there a problem?"

"Personally, in my opinion, I don't think you should just go out with someone you don't even know." Julia scoffed at his words, giving a sarcastic chuckle.

"I fucked you right?" She quipped leaning back on her sink daring him to give a rebuttal.

"That was different-"

"Not really. We were both stupid and started messing around without even getting to know each other. Not the smartest decision on our part but it happened."

"Fine, maybe it wasn't the best decision. We got Sunny out of it, I'm just saying that this guy could be a complete creep you can't shake off."

"Again I site you." She said with a spiteful smile wagging her finger his way.