Chapter Eight

DREW'S POV

Staying with Vanessa the whole afternoon is enough. So the whole 'planning to hang out with her in the park' is a lie. I just said that to Yumi so I could see the reaction on her face, but it did not work. She doesn't care at all. And now, she's on a date, with Dustin. So nice.

I walked Vanessa home, thinking it would take longer than driving her home. Since I don't have anything to do, I'd rather talk to her than be killed because of the striking boredom at home.

We talked about her life, like how did she end up staying her in Cali. I found out her dad was an ambassador and her mom's a business woman. They own branches of restaurants from across the country. She also told me she has a sister who is two years older than her, which makes her sister 20. The name's Pauline, she said.

Their family used to live in Montana but because of business stuffs, they moved here, also for her college purposes.

I also found out that she's a big fan of Aerosmith. "I collect every album they sell and I even paid them tons of bucks just to have a personal interview with them, which made my mom pretty disappointed of course. She told me I was only wasting off my money for some bands but I pointed out they were legendary."

We had the same taste on music, like we prefer old songs than the modern because old songs are more meaningful while the songs of today are more on shitty words like shit.

When we reached her home, she welcomed me in. I chose to refuse but she insisted so I went in. It was cozy inside, their kitchen's wallpaper is chocolate-colored and some designs of coffee beans are organized on their cabinets. "Your interior designer has a very high standard. Your house is awesome."

"Thank you," a different voice answered.

I turned around, realizing that Vanessa is with someone else. She smiled at me. "Drew, meet my sis, Pauline." So she's Pauline. "She's our interior designer and she designed everything that you can see around, including the set of furnitures we have."

I shook hands with her, she's as pretty as Vaness, but only looks a little bit older. "You have such a great taste and talent." I complimented, which is true.

"Thanks, it took me a lot of time and effort." Pauline said.

"Do you want some drinks? Coffee? Tea? Anything?" Van asked.

"Coffee, please." I said.

Vanessa smiled and turned to her sister. "How about you, sis?"

"I go for tea."

Vanessa went to the kitchen to prepare when Pauline talked to me. "Are you courting my baby sister?"

"No," I told her, she stared at me as if she don't believe what I'm saying. I chose to revise my answer. "I mean, I don't know. She's nice, talented, smart and everything... If I like her, yes I do. But I won't court her for that, unless I love her that much."

Pauline grinned. She seemed impressed. "I like your answer, sir." She stood up. "Just a sec, I'll help her in the kitchen."

"Sure," I smiled. I sat on their soda, it was so soft and the choice of cloth was really good. I saw the pink flowers on their sofa table. Just as then I remembered about Yumi. The flowers were as rosy as her lips and the fresh drops of the petals made me think about how I kissed her with passion the other week. How I wanted it to be forever. How I wished time stopped. How I wished we can rewind everything for infinite times.

I grabbed my phone from my pocket and unlocked it, just as then Yumi's sweet face flashed as my wallpaper. I went to 'Call', pressed '1' and speed-dialed her. It kept ringing until she answered it on the third ring. "Hey, Drew, what's up?" Her voice is normal, but I can sense that she's smiling. Maybe because of Dustin's presence. I disconnected the call. Knowing she's safe makes me feeli like everything's running nice and smooth.