Chapter Forty Six

Start from the beginning

As I stood there, alone in an empty room, I now know that she is gone.

And now I know everything, from the moment we met to the moment she walked out the door. I remember being so excited to finally be happy with her, and I remember thinking that things were going to go back to the way they were supposed to be.

But...little did I know...I was completely, utterly, wrong.

I now know it all, and I was wrong to the fact that I thought everything everything would be okay. I was wrong when I said things would get better, because they didn't. I didn't know that some really great things were just around the corner from us, but those things were only followed by the ones that made her break. As I've said so many times before...there are so many things in this world that can break her.

And, now I finally know, that's exactly what happened.

And not just break her, either. They shattered her.

Just like every other great thing in my life, everything shattered her, and maybe they broke me as well.

As I stood there, friendless and mindless, there are a lot of thing's I'm now aware of.

And, now I finally know, I watched Brooke shatter. And this time, I did absolutely nothing about it.

-

I didn't know what to do, while I stared at the old wooden door that led to the outside world. The outside world was the thing I feared the most, being so terrified of every person that lives in it. I didn't know how to exactly comprehend every emotion that has been shoved inside of me for the past hour. I didn't know how to move. I didn't know how to blink. I didn't know how to even describe to you what I'm feeling. The truth is, I don't have a clue of what I'm feeling at this moment. It's something that I've surely never felt before, and it was the most unabrable feeling that I've ever had.

What do I do? What can I do? How do I do it? How am I supposed to react to this? I'm not sure how long I've been standing here in the same spot, just staring at the door that Brooke had shut behind her, but it was beginning to be much too long. But alas, I don't know how to move. I seemed to have forgotten how to function, because the only thing I did was stand there. That's all I did; I just stood there, like that was the best option for me. Of course it wasn't, but the shock and true realization that I have lost the most important thing in my life was weighing me down.

Yeah, realization was probably the worst part at ths point. I knew that there were so many things that I had to conclude in my head, but only about one thing really stood out to me. We were over. She was gone.

I never thought I would ever actually have to say that. I never thought that she would actually be gone, with our words of pure hatred still hanging in the air. Never in a million years would I ever expect our whole relationship and everything about us to just come crashing down so quickly. I knew that, deep down we have definitely been drifting apart, but I guess I was just too in denial to really do anything about it.

I really am sick and tired of being blamed for every problem that a person has, but she was right. In a way Brooke made perfect sense, because I realize now that I could've stopped us from growing so apart from each other. I would always tell myself that she was fine, but when I look back on everything that has happened between us I now know that I was wrong. She wasn't fine, but I was too dumb to help her.

Still, I have not moved from the very spot I stood in when she left for the very last time. I could feel myself starting to shake again, along with the weakness in my knees starting to give in. Not a single tear has even surfaced my eyes, for my whole body seemed to shut down. I didn't know what to do. I really didn't.