Chapter 8

Did you know that-that Malika of a girl would start going to school? Naziha said irritatedly to her best friend, Mahasin, on FaceTime.

'Hmmm, no" she focused on her nails not paying attention at all. Mahasin was the type of a friend who didn't really get involved with silly dramas.

Naziha huffed. " well, salim has already enrolled her into NTIC and she'll be starting by Monday, imagine Mahasin, that school only for the richest but now our housemaid is going there"

Mahasin just rolled her eyes at that, she sometimes hates Naziha's behavior. She's only after people's money, power and social status. She could swear that Naziha wouldn't be talking to her if her father was poor.

This girl only did primary school and now she's starting from ss1...she continued.
Wai ita mongopack"

"Who's mongopack again? Mahasin asked.

Naziha's eyes widened and she facepalmed at her remark. Who's mongopack?
Mahasin, how could I raise you this way?

Her gaze was scrutinizing, and she sank in her chair. "I'm worried about your mental health" Mahasin replied, not a hint of liveliness in her voice.

There's nothing wrong with me Mahasin, I just throughly dislike Malika" Naziha said irritatedly.

'Personally, I don't see what's wrong with her." Replied Mahasin. She was now swinging back and forth on her swingy chair. "She's pretty, she seems nice and surely she's not that bad, the fact is that you're just jealous Ziha, and you have to accept the fact. Just because Salim act nice towards her doesn't mean he loves her, you're making matters worse, salim would definitely hate your behavior and he wouldn't love you like he usually does" she scoffed.

Naziha rolled her eyes chewing on her tongue. Salim would never hate her, he's already hers and she'll forever hate Malika.
"That's why I hate telling you my problems, you aren't helping at all, I need to go check on my babe, bye and thank you for the advice best friend" she flashed her a fake smile before ending the call not waiting for her useless reply.
*******

Walking in the hallway that would link her to the kitchen, she crashed someone, he felt like a wall until he held her by her waist to prevent her from bouncing backward.

"Hey, are you ok?" Najmuddeen enquired in his sweat and caring voice and steadied her to let her stand on her own.

"Yeah.....I...I'm fine" she stuttered.
He smiled warmly looking at her beautiful yet nervous face. She looked so cute when she was nervous. Everything about her was so breathtaking. He was so lost in her that he didn't know they spent almost five minutes standing there.
He had blocked her way and she was too nervous to asked him to excuse her.

Her head was low as she slowly fiddled with her long beautiful fingers which she designed with red henna earlier.
His eyes fell on them and he didn't know the time he grabbed her fingers as he slowly creased it with a small smile tugged across his lips.

Salim that just came back from work and had been looking at them felt his heart tightened. What's going on here?
That was the question on his mind.

The suitcase on his hand dropped down with a loud thud the moment he saw Najmuddeen holding the side of her face which they abruptly turned around.

Salim's soft gaze faded, being replaced by dark and stormy eyes. Malika could swear she saw smoke coming from his eyes, and from where she was standing, she could sight how his chest was raising and she could hear the grumbling of his heart.

Her whole body was covered with sweat and it's shaking slightly. She stepped back, afraid of what might happen next. To her astonishment, salim left them there, not after flashing her a cold look that she couldn't understand what it meant and it really scared the life out of her.