Chapter 3

When she was done with the dishes, she put the remaining foods inside the fridge including hers. She got a plate and arranged the fruits she washed for Najmuddeen neatly and walked out of the kitchen.

The house was dead silent which obviously shows that everyone was inside his room. She walked directly towards Najmuddeen room and knocked on his door.

Come in" she heard him say as she silently turned the door knob pushing the door, she got inside and met him on his king sized bed using his MacBook.

She walked further into the room her head hung low, dropping the plate of fruits by his side drawer and just when she was about to go out, she heard him saying "come sit please"

She felt like crying that moment because she hates being in his room, she wasn't comfortable at all.

She slowly sat down on the floor close to his bed and he smiled at her nervousness. When would she ever be free with him?
How are you? She asked her.

I'm good Alhamdulillah" she muttered softly still avoiding his eyes.
Tell me your problems Malika" he urged and she raised her head up for the first time since she entered the room and her eyes met his. She flashed him a small smile shaking her head.

Everything is fine ya Najmu, I'm really ok" she muttered her dimples showing with each word she uttered and just like that, he was lost in them, her beautiful yet innocent face.

She nervously cleared her throat seeing that he was staring too much and quickly looked down. He mentally slapped himself for what he did and shifted uncomfortably on his bed.

He stood up without saying anything and walked to the small fridge that was inside his room and brought out some chocolates.
He saw how her eyes sparkled like a kid when he handed them to her, he could clearly see the excitement on her face, she loves chocolate even though Aunt Maryam always scold Najmuddeen for always giving it to her. She said too much chocolate for a lady isn't good for her health but she couldn't help not eating it.

Thank you so much Ya Najmu" she exclaimed grinning and that made him happy too so he smiled.

An awkward silence engulfed the room with only Malika fiddling with her fingers and Najmuddeen typing away from his MacBook and stealing a glance at Malika's beautiful face time to time.

She nervously cleared her throat and he darted his eyes to her.
Umm.. I..I have to go.. I want to pray and..and cook dinner" she stuttered.

He just smiled and muttered "sure you can" though he wasn't tired of seeing her face, but he needed to pray too.

She quietly stood up and walked out of the room with the chocolates on her hand. He kept staring at her back till she was out of his sight. He huffed running his hand on his face, keeping the laptop on his bed, he walked into the washroom to perform ablution before going out to the mosque to pray.

She made sure she finished taking all her chocolates and kept some for later at night. She prayed asr Sallah and sat on the prayer mat reading the suratul Baqara from the holy Quran. When she reached 20 pages, she grabbed her Samsung s5 that Aunt Maryam bought for her from the side drawer and checked the time, it was 5:30pm so she got up with her hijab and walked out of her room to the kitchen. It was time to cook dinner.

She doesn't have to ask Aunt Maryam what to cook for she gave her the permission to cook whatever she likes anything as far as it's good and healthy. So she decided on cooking Tuwon shinkafa miyan taushe with peppered chicken and kunun aya.

She made sure the peppered chicken was spicy cause that's Aunt Maryam's favorite. She finished preparing dinner and setting up the table by 6:30pm and it was already Magrib time.