Chapter 5

In a swift, Salim was in front of Naziha. Her heart jumped into her throat and stuck there. She was frozen there in her spot.

She knew she wasn't supposed to do that but she did, she was jealous! blood kept gushing out of Malika's forehead because of the hard rock that she came in contact with. Her head was spinning and she used both her hands to keep it still. The blood washed Malika's face and dripping on her light pink Abaya.

Najmuddeen held his hand high in an attempt to slap Naziha but salim was quick to stop him by holding his hand. Salim's expression was emotionless but his eyes turned a shade of red.

He knelt down only a few away from Malika,still where she'd fallen down.
He brought out a white handkerchief from his pocket and cleaned the blood on her face before gently placing it on her forehead where the blood was gushing out from. She whined in pain closing her eyes tightly.

Naziha's blood was rising as she stared at the two with a terrified look.
He helped her up and made her to sat on the front seat not glancing at neither Naziha nor Najmuddeen. He closed the door and walked to the driver's side and got in.

Najmuddeen was already inside the car fuming. His eyes were on Malika, how she closed her eyes, her long lashes kissing her check bones even though her face was rough with blood. From the way she was squeezing her face, you'd know that she was in pain.

When Naziha saw that salim wasn't ready to tell her to get in the car, she hissed and got into the backseat angrily banging the door.
Salim turned to look at her, he smiled roughly and shook his head. Naziha was sure gonna see the other side of him!

He drove the car directly to the near by chemist. On reaching there, he helped Malika out of the car and they walked into the chemist together.

Inside that car, Najmuddeen was still angry and he wasn't ready to gave up so he raised his hand and slapped Naziha's face really hard.
She screamed and held her cheek with her hands tears streaming down her face. She wasn't fair, she's dark in complexion but Najmuddeen's five fingers still shows up on her face.

Na rantse miki da Allah, if I ever see this your filthy hands of yours on Malika, I swear you're gonna regret ever coming to Abuja state, not to talk of our house" Najmuddeen spat angrily.

Naziha couldn't say anything, she just continued crying because all her life, nobody had ever slapped her. She's inna dudu's only daughter. Inna dudu gave birth to 5 children before Naziha but 3 of them died immediately they were born while 2 died after 1 week. So inna dudu has never raised her voice on Naziha talk more of raising her hands.

Najmuddeen felt a little bit ease when he slapped Naziha, but he wanted to slap her earlier and she'll also fall down and hit her head with the rock, he wanted her to feel the same pain she caused Malika but Salim stopped him.

The moment Salim and Malika came back, Naziha raised her voice, now she was crying woefully, someone would think she just lost one of her parents. Salim knew that Najmuddeen has done something, but he knew Naziha was just exaggerating because she wanted him to talk. He ignored her and got into the car keeping Malika's drugs on her lap and started to drive.

Najmuddeen tapped Malika's shoulder lightly and when she turned around, he flashed her a sad smile and muttered "sorry"
She just smiled at him because her head was too heavy for her to nod and she couldn't utter anything because of how her head was hurting, she slowly closed her eyes and rested it on the headrest.

Salim looked at her briefly while driving and he could see she'd already changed. Her face was red and her eyes were bigger than usual. Her lips were dry and swollen, he looked at how she gently inhaled and exhale.