The two of us exited the Athena cabin and made our way to the strawberry fields. The smell of strawberries hit me, making my mouth water. I know I said I wasn't hungry, but the smell made my stomach rumble. We walked over to where they kept the crates for the strawberries and each grabbed one. As we were walking over to a patch, a familiar figure started walking towards us.

"Hey Eve!" I said to the bright pink haired girl.

Eve smiled. "Hey guys. How's everything?"

Elie shrugged. "Not much. Just about to start work. How are the berries today?"

"Amazing!" She hummed in delight. Eve was the daughter of Demeter so she was quite in tune with nature, especially harvest.

"Listen, Soph," Eve had a nervous look on her face. "Ashton is down at the stables right now. I don't think he'll be coming by anytime soon, but just please don't try to fight with him."

"I can't make any promises." I sighed.

She stepped closer and placed a hand on my shoulder. "He's not having a good day today. I'm not asking you to be nice to him, but if he messes with you ignore him. Please? For me?"

Evelyn Brewer was way too sweet for her own good sometimes. She was the nicest person in camp. No matter what, she always saw the good in people, especially those most didn't think deserved it. And everyone loved her for it.

Not to mention how undeniably gorgeous she was with her long, curly, pink hair that was always twined with flowers, beautiful tanned skin, and soft doe brown eyes. Every guy wanted her and every girl wanted to be her. But no one was ever capable of hating her.

I nodded. "I promise to try."

She smiled again. "That's all I ask."

Eve said goodbye before heading back to work. Elie and I soon got started on picking the strawberries. It was actually really peaceful work. That's why I always enjoyed working in the fields. You just did your work. No one really bothered anyone. Well... except for Ashton of course.

Ashton was the beautiful son of Poseidon. He was every girl's dream boy with his blonde curls and sun kissed skin. Not to mention his amazingly fit body. You would have thought he was an actual God rather than a Demigod. He certainly had the attitude for one.

Since Day one Ashton and I had been at each other's throats. How it all started I couldn't tell you. I just remember my first day he pissed me off and we've hated each other ever since. It was getting tiring though. I would have loved to end our stupid feud, but he was so insufferable.

Time had passed and I was almost done with my shift. I only had a few moments to go when the sound of a giant bird hovered over us. I looked up and noticed that it wasn't a bird, but a black Pegasus. I gritted my teeth knowing exactly who the rider on that horse was.

The horse landed by the stables and I tried to finish as fast as I could. I filled the rest of my crate and was about to drop them off when I heard his voice.

"Hello Princess." Ashton said behind me.

My grip on the crate tightened to the point where my knuckles turned white, but I didn't turn around. Instead I took a deep breath and walked away. However, Ashton felt that we needed to continue our conversation.

"I said hello." He said impatiently,  as if he was expecting me to say hello back.

I ignored him completely and dropped off my full crate of strawberries. I didn't even wait for Elie to be finished. I quickly walked back to the cabins in hopes that Ashton would get the clue that I didn't want to talk to him. But sadly, I didn't live in a perfect world.

"Didn't your mother ever teach you it's rude to ignore people? Oh wait..."

My entire body went frigid. That was it. He had crossed the line using the parent card. Very slowly I turned around with the hardest glare I could muster. Ashton's stupid grin had spread wider once he saw how angry he had made me. Two could play that game.

"I wonder if asshole is genetic. Too bad you'll never get to find out."

Ashton got in my face and growled. "Watch, it Hoffman."

"Aww is baby Ashton gonna cry? Is it because daddy doesn't love you?" I mocked.

He looked about read to hit me with how red his face was. "If you don't stop now I'll do something we'll both regret."

I smirked. "What are you gonna do, hit me? Didn't your dad ever teach you it's not nice to hit girls? Oh wait..."

Within seconds Ashton had his hands raised and I flinched at the thought of being hit. I was completely taken by surprise though when I felt him roughly grab my face. I was even more surprised to feel Ashton's lips against mine.

Even though I was in shock it didn't take me more than seconds to kiss him back. Ashton started moving us until I felt a tree hit my back. He pushed me against it without removing his lips from mine. The kiss was very hungry and very heated. Hands were flying all over each other's bodies, gripping clothing and hair as if our lives depended on it. Then out of no where, Ashton pulled his lips off of mine, but kept his body close.

"I told you so." He whispered before walking away, leaving me completely stunned.