Chapter 31: Kimberley

Start from the beginning

                She starts to cry holding her wrists.  Her new technic.  She cries and everyone blames me.  It works almost on everyone, besides our cousins.  “What was that for?”  She yells.  I just stare at her not regretting what I’ve done.  “What is your problem?”

                “Me, you kept putting your feet on me.”

                “You could’ve just told me to please move them instead of pounding me to the ground!”  She says.  Her tears keep coming. 

                “That is enough you two.”  Jama says getting up.   We both stare up at him.  “Now Ronnie I would like you to go into the kitchen and stay there until I come in.”

                “But I-” Ronnie starts.  But Jama stops her in time. 

                “Go, I will be in shortly.”  Ronnie lowers her head making a face at me as she walks away leaving Jama and me alone in the room.  I sit watching her go then turn my eyes back to Jama. 

                “You know that wasn’t necessary.”  He says.  I don’t say anything.  I already know what I did was wrong, but I don’t regret it.  “You know she’s not as strong as you, you know she’s not as big.”

                “So, she was annoying me.”  I complain.   “I tried to push her legs off but she is just a little brat!”

                “Do not say things like that about your sister.”  Jama hisses.  I curl my lip in anger.  But he doesn’t make a comment.  “Look, next time that happens just say please stop, and if she doesn’t then it’s my duty to punish her.”

                “Then why didn’t you when she did it a second time.”

                “Because I think you have that covered.”  He grins.  “I’m not saying that what you did was right but if you ever need to do that in battle, I won’t stop you.”

                I grin slightly.  “Just remember next time,” he continues as he stands up, “be the bigger person.  You’re better than that.  She is also your sister, don’t try and kill her.”  He left it at that walking out of the room into the dining area where Ronnie waited. 

                I follow him silently listening from right outside of the door at their conversation.

                “Ronnie, why were you trying to put your legs on Kimberley?”  Jama asks.

                “I was trying to stretch out.”  I can tell she stopped crying.  Her voice was back to normal and she is talking in her regular valley girl voice.  “I had the couch first anyway.”

                I roll my eyes keeping myself pinned outside making sure I wouldn’t run in and slap her.