Chapter 2

Wesley's POV

It's my eighth day with Jess and things are great. She let me kiss her 1 day ago, lemme just say. There definitely were fireworks. This bet is the best thing that's ever happened to me. "Dreewwwwww!!!!!" Jess laughed. He was tickling her on the couch. "I told you to stop messing up my hair. You didn't listen, so you pay the price." he scolded. "Wesley!!!!! HELPPPPP!" she screamed. "Come here.." I laughed picking her up and taking her to sit on my lap in the chair. She let out a sigh of relief and kissed my cheek. "Why don't you just call me Wes?" I questioned. She shrugged. "Wesley sounds better." She said. "You ready to go to school?" I asked. She nodded and we were on our way. Right when we walked in, we got odd looks. Nobody knew about us until now... She made us hide it. I now understand why. At least 4 different girls started talking shit to her face. "Wes man. You can do better. I mean, everyone is better! She's a freak!" my friend Dan laughed putting his hand on my shoulder. I shoved him against a locker. "Keep talking smack. I dare you." I warned. I punched him in the stomach and walked away. I don't know where Jess went...

It's lunch time and out of instinct I sat by my friends. As in the ones who wouldn't dare say anything negative. I looked over to where Jess, Sam, and Keaton are sitting and frowned. Jessica looks pissed. Keaton was trying to calm her down and she got up and left. Confused, I got up and asked Keats what was going on. "Wesley man... She said the bets over and that she's sorry.... People have been bullying her all day." He told me. "She ended it?" I muttered completely hurt. I slowly sat down with a blank look on my face. A girl sat next to me and started touching my arm. "Get off of me. Now." I ordered. She hurried away and Sam stared at me. "You really liked her...." Sam said shocked. I nodded. "Of course ." I sighed. "Wesley. I'm certain she liked you too. I mean, she gave you a chance and that takes a lot. She just can't take the bullying. Last time she was bullied, she went into full out depression." Sam said sympathetically. "I'm gonna go home. See you guys later." I waved.

Jessica's POV

I heard the doorbell ring at least 12 consecutive times. I trumped down the stairs and opened the door. Who comes to someone's house at 1 am?! I saw Wesley and was instantly embraced in a hug. "Wesley. What're you doing here? Get in here, it's chilly." I said pulling him in. "I couldn't sleep!!! I couldn't get you off of my mind! I don't think you should have ended the bet. I beat up one of my best friends today for talking shit Jess. I was willing to put up a fight!" He said frustrated. I didn't know what to say, so I kissed him. He took his hands out of his pockets and rested them on the sides of my face. "Okay, I better get back." he breathed. "Nah. There's no way I'm letting my boyfriend drive at one in the morning." I smiled. He looked relieved. I started to walk back upstairs. "Are you just going to stand there orrrrr?" I asked. He quickly ran up the stairs. I laid down in my bed and he joined me. "I swear, if you pull anything, I will cut off your cute hands!" I warned. "I won't" he said scooting away. "Noooo, we can still cuddle" I whined. He laughed and moved back. "Now go to sleep. We have school tomorrow." I grinned. "Goodnight Jessica." he said. "Goodnight Wesley." I replied.

-Next day-

"We are taking your car!" I said getting in the passenger seat. I waited a few seconds and he soon got in. "You're makin' me look like a scrub, wearing sweatpants to school." he joked. "It's cute. You're fine!" I told him. He interlocked our fingers and sang along to the radio. 'Santeria' by sublime came on.

We got to school and before walking in Wesley stopped in front of the entrance. "Why'd you let me stay last night?" he asked. "Because I genuinely like you." I answered. He smiled brightly and kissed me.

Wesley's POV
We walked inside and just ignored everyone except one another. No one was even really hating, but a bunch of guys were saying how hot she was and how they'd fuck her. At lunch, I walked into the cafeteria and found Dan next to Jess. He kept touching her and trying to grab her and shit. Hell no. She kept trying to push him away. I stormed over there to help her. I shoved him down on the table and beat the shit out of him. He only ended up getting one punch in, busting my lip. But I did ten times worse. "Don't you dare fucking touch her, or even look at her EVER." I yelled. Everything went silent. Dan rushed to the nurse. "Babe, are you okay?" I asked Jess. "Yeah. Are you?" she questioned. "Only because you are." I smiled sitting next to her. "Wesley Stromberg, please come to the office." I heard from the intercom. "Wesley... Good luck." Jess sighed kissing me softly. "It's gonna be fine. I promise." I assured walking to the office. I sat in a chair until the principal called me in. "I understand that you and Dan got into a fight?" Mr.Lans asked. I nodded pissed off "Yep. He was touching my girlfriend inappropriately and she objected, yet he wouldn't stop. It was defense." I stated. "Well Mr. Stromberg, this won't go unpunished for either of you. He had been expelled for his 10th fight this month, as for you, you get detention. You did a good thing standing up for her." he said releasing me. I walked out of the office and smiled to jess.