Chapter 1

Jessica's POV

I sat down across from Skeaterpan and just stared at him. He's trying to draw cats on his burger with ketchup. Samantha started laughing. "Babe. What're you doing?" she asked him. "Shhhhh." he hushed pinching her lips shut and quickly kissing her before going back to his cat. "I'm gonna be forever alone." I groaned. "Oh no way. You're hot." Keaton said. Sam slapped his shoulder and he chuckled. A tray slapped down next to me and Keaton's older brother plopped down. "Hey Keats. Hey Sam, and Hello beautiful!" he smirked winking at me. "No... Just no." I replied. "Why are you even here?" I asked awfully curious. "Lost a bet." he said throwing a fry into his mouth. "Wes has experience. He has an alright taste when it comes to looks. Wes, is Jess hot and do you think she will be forever alone??" Keaton asked. "Hell yeah she's hot, and hell no. She's only gonna be single for a few more seconds with me around." Wesley grinned. "I'm leaving." I said getting up. I have all of after lunch free, so I go home.

I sat in my car banging my head against the steering wheel. Some asshole slit my tire again. "It's too bad you treat me like dirt. I'd help you out." Wesley said getting in my passenger seat. "You treat every single girl like dirt. Wesley." I told him. "I don't treat you like dirt." he defended. "Why is that?" I asked confused. "Maybe I actually care for you Miss Queen." He smiled. "Yeah right. That's what you said to my sister." I spit. "Let's make a bet." he grinned. "You obviously suck at them. Keep talking wise guy." I told him. "I get to be your boyfriend for four weeks, and if you aren't in love with me after 4 weeks, I never bother you again." he said. I took it into deep thought. He hits on me everyday, so when I win my life will suck less!!! "Oh it's on Stromberg. Suffering for four weeks will totally be worth it." I stated shaking his hand. "Great. Now let's see what I can do about that tire." he smiled getting out. After he successfully changed my tire we hugged. I just hugged Wesley Stromberg...Weird. "Um. Y'all have been gone for 10 minutes and are already cozy? Jess what happened to your hatred?" Sam asked. "A bet. Long story." I said as Wesley wrapped his arm around my waist. He felt me trying to pull away and held me tighter. "You're my girlfriend now." He smiled. Sam looked at us wide eyed. All she managed to say was: "Forever alone, my ass." She walked away and left us alone.... "I gotta get home." I told Welsey. "Alright. Would you like to hang out tomorrow?" he asked. "Why not. I'm gonna give you a chance Wesley. Just don't let me down." I said. "I wouldn't dare." he smiled walking to his car. I took a deep breath. If I have to spend two weeks with him as my boyfriend, I might as well be a good sport and not make everything negative.

-The next night-

It's about 9 and my drunken mom is being loud with we friends down the hall... I got a call from Keaton and answered. "What's that noise?!" he asked. "My mom.... I haven't slept for days, she has friends over every night." I yawned. "Well, Sam and I are having a movie night all night if you wanna crash here?" he suggested. "Sounds cool. I will be over in 5." I told him. I hung up the phone and drove over to his house. I walked in and saw him and Sam cuddling on the floor. Wesley was nowhere to be seen. I was a little relieved. I sat down on the couch and Keaton smiled. "It's the conjuring." he said. It's at the hide and clap scene. Everyone jumped towards the end of the scene except for me since I've seen it a billion times. "Hey." Wesley whispered. "Hi Wesley." I yawned scooting over. "You seem exhausted." he pointed out, putting his arm around my shoulders. "I am. I've gotten very few hours of sleep this week." I said. "Why is that?" he asked. "I um. Just my mom." Was all I said. Only Keaton knows about my mother. She's a raging drunk, can be abusive once and a while, but when she's sober she's really caring. She's been like that since my dad died 3 years ago. I noticed Wesley looked at me with a sad look on his face. "Wesley, I've known you forever. And we've always been friends..But I just don't trust you yet. We will get there." I said. "I'm always here if you need someone to talk to." He told me.......... Keaton suggested truth or dare, and everyone agreed. Even me. It's always been my favorite game. "Wes you first." Keaton said. "Alrighty. Jess, Truth or Dare." Wesley grinned. "Uh. Truth." I said. "Do you find me attractive?" He questioned. "Very. Now, Keaton dearest. Truth or dare." I asked. The game went on and on before Keaton asked Wesley something. "So I know you've really liked Jess for 3 years now, but why?" He asked. Wesley smiled to himself before speaking, "She's different. She's never thrown herself at me, she's funny, shy, has a good heart, smart, and insanely beautiful. And she's serious relationship worthy. Plus she's got good music taste." He said fiddling with his thumbs. I smiled. Now Keaton's giving me two truths. "Jess. One, do you like my brother? Two, why or why not?" he asked. "I've liked him since the day I met him, I just know he can't handle a stable relationship. But I like him because he's an all around alright guy. He's really sweet, hot, outgoing, smart, and musically talented. I just don't like his past with girls. That's why I've always disliked it when he flirted with me." I said. I meant every bit of it. I know I like him, but I'm gonna win the bet either way. There's no way I can fall in love with him.