Chapter 3

Juniper continues her walk trying to not think about her family in the Faelf Realm, but soon her mind wondered to her mother. Feeling the depression consume her, she remembers her mother's death.

~~~flashback~~~

Juniper watches her mother cook dinner with sparkle in her eyes. She looked up to their mother a lot. Being the oldest daughter, she knew she would have to take her place one day. But what she didn't know, was that she would have to so soon.

"Why don't you go play with your sisters and Clover outside? I'll call you all in when dinner is ready. Don't worry." Her mother said looking at her with her soft smile and her pure blonde hair barely pulled back in a loose ponytail.

"Okay," Juniper said before smiling back and hugging her mother and running out the door to Clover and her two sisters.
"Clover! Can I play too?" She calls out to her siblings running up to them.

"Of course Junie," Clover responds smiling with his short ruby-red hair blowing in the light wind.

The four kids play tag near the woods. Juniper was it, so she went looking for her twin, Cherri. She followed Cherri as she went further into the woods, planing to jump out and scare her.

Waiting for the right timing, Juniper became confused why Cherri would go out this far. She couldn't see their house anymore, but she didn't want to leave her sister this far in the woods alone. As she was going to come out from behind the tree, which she had been hiding behind, she noticed Cherri  staring at something.

She sneaked up to get a better look at what Cherri was staring at, and noticed a couple men talking. She smelled gold in the air and felt her body become a little weaker. She felt the pressure on her knees and legs from standing for so long and the gold vary slowly weakening her body. She slowly sat down and peered out from behind the tree, not wanting to loose more strength in case of an attack.

She trys to listen to what the men are talking about, but only hears mummbles and mutters. She hears Cherri speak to the men and she hides back behind the tree, not wanting to be seen.

Getting on her hands and knees, Juniper peeps her head out from behind the tree and sees the men holding gold. Becoming weaker, Juniper trys to call out to Cherri, but fails.
   No sound will come out.
   She finds herself mute.

In panic, Juniper runs back to the direction of their house to get help. Once she is far enough away crom the gold, she feels her strength coming back.

She runs up to their house and notices how late it has gotten. Starting to worry, she goes up to her house and slowly opens the door. She hears a noise come from the room next from the one she just walked into.

Aware of her surroundings, she walks in the room finding it's just her mother cleaning. "Oh, hello Mo-" Juniper starts to say as someone walks in the door behind her. She turns around and sees a middle-aged man standing before her.

Juniper uses her power and sees the man's oura: dark, evil, a bit dim and gloomy.

He pulls out his golden sword as Juniper instantly feel herself become weaker.

"M-mom?.." Juniper manages to say in her state of shock, facing the man. She forces herself to back away from the man slowly, not trying to make any sudden movements.

The man steps closer and points the golden sword at her mother and says "you will not live any longer." then gets in position to attack.

Juniper subconsciously runs and stands in between the man and her mother. "You will not touch her. I don't know who you are, but get out of our house."

The man chuckles and places the tip of the sword under Juniper's chin as she flinches, feeling the sharp pain of gold touching her skin.

"Move kid. I was not sent here to hurt you, but if you stay in my way, I will do so with no hesitation." He says and presses the swords tip almost piercing her skin.