Avengers Tower

When I woke up, I was led on a sofa in a high-tech, sleek, stylish room with floor-to-ceiling windows and a massive chess board in the centre.

"Evening."
I jumped at the sound of a little girl's voice, and looked up to see a small, thin girl looking at me intently. Her eyes were completely white and she looked like a galaxy, swirling and shifting.
"Hi," I said, sitting up and pushing down the blanket. "You're Singularity, right?" The girl nodded soundlessly. "Where are we?" I asked.
"Avengers Tower," she replied.

Avengers Tower! I felt guilty for being so excited, but it was a natural reaction. Okay, it was the old Avengers' fault for killing my parents, but still. That was where heroic history had been made. Tony Stark had lived there! Wanda Maximoff had overcame the Vision here! Thor had been there - Peter Parker had been there!

"Would you like some cocoa?" She asked, floating a cup over to me.
"Thank you," I said quietly. I held it with both hands for the warmth.
"What happened?" I asked.
"The radioactivity affected the kinetic energy within your bloodstream and brain cells." I raised my eyebrow. "You have powers."

Powers. I had powers! I was a superhero! I could join the A-Force!
Wow! Could I fly? Could I make things explode? Was I super strong? Fast? Things were crazy!

"Miss Roling," said Miss Walters, striding into the room. She was dressed in a black pencil skirt and white blouse now, looking much more professional. "Please, this way."