Crash

It was a Friday night, and I was out getting pizza for my grandfather and I (pepperoni, as usual). I could see a flash of orange overhead, but I don't know, I guessed it was just a plane or even a shooting star. God, I was stupid.

When I came out of the pizza store, I knew something was wrong. The floor was wracked with tremors and steam was wafting through the air. There was an electric fizz that tickled my ears and sparks clattered through the air. Lampposts and fire hydrants had been hit over and, to be honest, it looked like a warzone. Had the Avengers been at it again?

I hurried back to our apartment and my heart stopped: there was a gaping hole in out side of the building, and a fire where my room should be.
"Grandpa!" I called, dropping our pizzas.

I darted through the door, which was hanging on its hinges. I ran upstairs and lunged through our door to the ruined sitting room.
"Grandpa?" I yelled. "Grandpa!"

I couldn't see him anywhere. My panic was increasing and an orange haze was building all around me, making me cough. I covered my mouth with my sleeve and hurried out into the kitchen.

"Grandpa!"

He was sat at the table, slumped over with a massive gash on his head.
"Grandpa," I whispered, and the room swayed around me. The last thing I knew was a devastating tightness in my chest as I passed out.