You are here
Moving in our midst
I worship you
I worship you
You are here
Working in this place
I worship you
I worship you
Way maker
Miracle worker
Promise keeper
Light in the darkness
My God
That is who you are.

Even when I don't see it, You're working
Even when I don't feel it, You're working
You never stop, You never stop working

I finish singing and everyone starts clapping. I walk down the steps and take my seat. Looking around, I try to find Matthew but he's nowhere to be seen.

Maybe he went to the bathroom.

Thirty minutes pass.

I'm trying so hard to pay attention to the preaching but I was upset. Maybe I shouldn't have been, he probably has a reasonable answer as to why he couldn't make it.

But I was still upset.

He promised me he would be here.

Church finishes and I greet everyone. I walk up to Parker and Blake. "How did I do?"

Blake is the first one to say something. "Emizzle, you did so amazing, so many people were worshipping with you, dude!" I let out a laugh and my attention is at Parker now.  He smirks, "kind of bummed because you didn't throw up but you did pretty good."

One of my eyebrows raise. "Pretty good?"

"Really good, you did great." I tell them both thank you. Blake walks away so he could talk to others.

My phone vibrates and I unlock it.

From: Matt
I'm so sorry, I had to do something important. I'll make it up to you, promise.

"Don't let him stress you out."

A sigh escaped from my lips, "I know, it's just.. he promised."

Parker nods in understanding. "As much as I dislike the guy, give him a chance to explain. Now, on another note, why are you wearing pink? I thought you hated that color."

"Hate is a strong word, I just prefer not to wear it."

My family, Joy, and Blake steps outside, we all walk to our car and they get inside.

"Lunch?" My dad asks and two seconds later we all agree.

After discussing where we wanted to go, we all meet up at IHOP. Luckily, not many people were there so we got a table pretty quickly.

The waitress comes to the table and starts to order our drinks. "And what would you like?" She asks Parker with a giggle and I almost gag.

He looks through the menu and smiles at the girl. "I'll have a Tropical Island Twist, thanks love."

Wink.

She instantly heats up. "Looks like you got a crush there, hun." Joy tells him and he chuckles.

Blake nudges me and when I turn to him I see his smirk. "Jealous?"