Chapter Thirty-Three

Începe de la început

He nodded as he considered other items.

"Both of you in my personal opinion could qualify for your own Dark Mark immediately out of school. However, it is not my custom to give the mark to those who raise children. That is their primary duty. By allowing me to have the say into your marriages, you have shown a willingness to put your Pureblood families first. For now, you will keep your armlet snakes as symbols of my ultimate ownership of you both, but I will augment them after graduation in a private ceremony for the three of us alone."

"You honor us, my Lord," Regina said in reply.

"Thank you both for your service to our world," the Dark Lord said. "We will speak again during the Holidays."

Regina and Jillian stood up at the clear dismissal and walked out through the entry in Malfoy's office. Then, the two were walking out and back to Fawley Manor.

+ + + +

Regina and Jillian were sitting in Compartment One the first ones on the Hogwarts Express as the students and then one by one the Prefects made their way onto the train. This was Regina's year – the year she would be Head Girl for Hogwarts. After a few minutes, the Head Boy, a Hufflepuff by the name of Henry Gerald walked in.

One-by-one the remaining Prefects arrived. When everyone was there, Henry started to move as if to speak, but found that he was silenced by Jillian, wandlessly. Regina smirked at her friend.

"Welcome back, Prefects. My name is Regina Fawley. I am honored to serve as the Head Girl at Hogwarts this year."

Jillian chose to release the silence on Henry. Henry glared at her, but with everyone's eyes on him, he introduced himself.

"Henry Gerald –" he said.

He certainly looked as if he was going to say more, but again he was silenced. Regina smiled at him as if that was all that had been expected.

"In a few minutes, I want us to split up and go about our rounds. There are twenty-four of you and the train ride is six hours. Sixth years, you will do rounds for the first two hours, followed by the seventh years, and then the 5th years. Henry and I will be in here if you have any problems. Make sure that students are following the rules. Take points away. For unsorted first years, the points will be taken away when they have been sorted. After the Feast, each House will determine how they want to break out leading the students to the dorms. Henry and I will work out the Prefect schedule during the train ride and distribute a schedule to each dorm. Are there any questions?"

Without any questions, Jillian released Henry from the silence and everyone left to go about their work. Jillian remained with Regina as she turned to face Henry Gerald.

"Mr. Gerald," she said a smile never leaving her face. "I don't know if you had the mistaken impression that you would be in charge, did you?"

Henry looked at her with a grim face.

"I want to make this crystal clear for you, Mr. Gerald. I am in charge. You work for me. Is this clear?"

Henry looked at her, and as he did Regina went into his mind. It was clear very quickly what she was doing, but Henry Gerald could not stop her. She brought into the forefront of his mind all the things she had done to others, even planting some things she might do. When she was done, she smiled at him as if he was prey and she was the predator. He took a deep breath and gulped.

"Do you have any questions, Mr. Gerald?"

"No, Miss Fawley," he replied.

"Now, I took the personal time to put together a schedule. Please check it over and see if there is anything I have missed. It will need both of our signatures."