Chapter 7

I came to one conclusion anyway.

I cannot pretend to be dumb with all of them, including Iris, in the same place.

And I also cannot let them talk to me with Iris present.

If I'm going to do anything, I have to do it now. 

And fast.

I was in luck, as fast was my specialty.

"Iris..." I began.

"Yes, Barry?" She asked, causing me to let out a nervous chuckle.

She leaned back, crossed her arms and raised her eyebrows.

'Please don't let this change the way you think about me.'

"I'll explain everything later. I promise. But now I have to go and um...reunite with some of my high school friends." I told her, mentally begging her not to ask any questions. 

Looks like I'm finally going to tell them the truth.

"Your high school friends? Wait, you mean friends from Paris? You did go there in the middle of our school year, leaving me all alone to deal with the bullies." She pouted at the end, which made her look so adorable that I could just....

Okay, nothing to do with the current situation.

"No...Not from Paris."

She frowned. "What do you mean not from...?"

'Please don't be mad.' I begged her, with my eyes.

"Later, I swear. Just please, don't tell anyone that I'm with my high school friends or anything now. I'll tell everyone when I'm ready and answer your questions as well."

"Barry, you're scaring me. What's going on? Are you in some kind of trouble or something? Do you want me to call Dad?"

"No, no. I'm not in any kind of trouble. Just promise me, Iris, that you wont say anything to anyone till I get to the Lab. Please."

She searched my eyes for something and I guess she found whatever it was that she was looking for cause she relaxed her posture and said, "Alright. I'll keep my end of the promise. You better keep yours."

I smiled at her. "I will. Thank you Iris. You're the best."

She rolled her eyes in response.

I guess that's our thing now.

I smile at her and she rolls her eyes in response.

With that, I bid goodbye to Iris and watched her leave CC Jitters with a final wave. 

The moment she left, I got up from my seat and walked over to the group of idiots that were coming over to the table I was sat at, meeting them halfway.

Then I stuffed my hands in my pocket and greeted them.

"Hey."