Briefly about how Christianity was introduced.

How relevant this quotation is today to the state of the Polish society inhumanized by the Catholic clergy. Blindness and lack of logical thinking about what is telling them and how much I exploit all the "faithful" this true religion.

Few people know and realize how this occupation of the Vatican began, which has lasted continuously for over 1050 years on Polish lands, more and more striving to return to the Middle Ages, where exploitation and human darkness went through all concepts.

It can be observed and heard in services (I live opposite the church, I don't even have to go there to hear what is a righteous stick) and how much influence the church has on today's politics and Polish politicians. It only takes one bell to make the president and the prime minister jump like monkeys holding hands at the celebrations of a Catholic television.

But how it looked in practice, that the new faith, which talked about respect for others, love, about leading a modest life in practice looked so different from "clergy"?

Over 1050 years ago, when Christianity was introduced, there was an influx of foreign missionaries and priests, mostly Benedictines (e.g. the first archbishop of Krakow and chronicler of Prokosz), whose ruler took care of and granted them lands and estates together with the population and workers, and ordered to build churches, parishes and monasteries. They were royal confessors, who learned the secrets of the young Christian state and passed them on to Rome to the Pope.

This is how the internal control of the emerging Polish state by the Pope and his spies, who were without hesitation "clergy", began.

Subsequent baptized rulers forced their subjects to accept the new faith and feudal yoke, which for them was something completely strange and incomprehensible. Even under the pain of corporal and hellish punishment, they considered their kings to be traitors of Slavicism and the heritage of their ancestors. It is worth mentioning that for these reasons at the end of the reign of Bolesław I the Great in 1022 the first rebellion broke out.

The punishments used were inhumane, merciless and devoid of any mercy of which the new religion and clergy spoke:

"If it was found that someone ate meat after seventieth century, it was severely punished by breaking out the teeth. ( Thietmar's Chronicle )

"If any of these people dared to seduce another's wife or to practice despair, he is immediately punished as follows: he is led to the market bridge and fixed to it there, piercing a nail through the scrotum with nuclei. Then a sharp knife is placed next to it, leaving it a difficult choice: either to die there or to cut off this part of the body. ( Thietmar's Chronicle )

"Bishops and abbots, and even parish priests had the courage to demand, as lords, their right to the first night with a newly married woman" ("First Night's Law").

"When the clergy had to waive the right of the first night, he decided that no one else, not even men, would have it, and could explain to the simple men that the first three wedding nights should offer to the Blessed Virgin and abstain from communing with the wives. We had to pay for the dispensation from this".

The law of the first night was strictly and ruthlessly enforced, and this did not only apply to the hierarchy of the church, but also to the princes in relation to the nobility. The nobleman or the gentleman of the village behaved in a similar way in relation to his subjects. First, the gentleman and then the husband could commune with his wife, which led to the fact that the noble and proud Slavs, who valued family and family values, were not only reduced to the rank of a dog, but also stripped of their values, which for hundreds of thousands of years as proud Slavs cultivated and cared for. Such a law also "ennobled" their bastards (according to the data it could be even about 20% of the country's population).

"Under the threat of the most severe ecclesiastical and secular punishment, the subject had to remain only a working cattle. The peasant tolerated only the hardest work. His needs and humanity were not recognised. Well, it was his touch, even his breath that struck him. (quoted from the book by J. Siemek)

"An accident in which a peasant rescued a drowning Troki voivode. As a reward, the peasant was freed from serfdom, but for the fact that he dared to catch you by the hair, he received one hundred lashes! (quoted from the book by J. Siemek)

However, before we finish this very short introduction because otherwise it cannot be called because of the multiplicity of events and the number of punishments, prohibitions, etc., which in an absolute and inhuman way were enforced by both the church and the new lords, we will ask ourselves why and what was the purpose of this and what was it?

The introduction of such a system as well as customs was destructive both at the bottom of the social ladder and at the top. The land which was famous for its warriors and for the fact that it had a very developed for those times tribal democracy (Slavic rally), which united many tribes in the face of danger was broken up from the middle.

What was not possible to be realized by war on the part of the Romans, or the French state, or even aggressive saxons, who had plans to conquer the eastern lands, was achieved by fortelly destroying what united everyone from the inside.

Proof of such actions of the so-called priests is presented to us by A.Mielnik and here are not which quotations from his book:

"The task of the clergy advisors was: to kill the ambitions of princes, desires, dreams of power, crowns, conquests. Competition and jealousy were to facilitate the weakening of the young Christian state by disputes".

"The princes [....] became cruel and ruthless. Their vaccinated ambition and the compulsion to compete made the fights start. My brother killed his brother to take over a piece of land. Penance was set for violent deeds. As a result, temples and monasteries were built. In repentance, the property was given back to the church.

"No wonder that in the 13th century the Bishop of Cracow owned 49 manors and 17 manors in 225 villages. [....] The Cistercian monastery in Trzebnica had 183 villages under its rule, and the Cistercian graves - 30 settlements and shares in the salt mine.

As I have already mentioned, these are only short fragments of what was described in books, yearbooks and chronicles. The story of the fall of the Slavs in Poland is much more complicated and complex than the magical world of gods, demons and other creatures that, thanks to local fairy tales or legends, managed to survive this cruel time for the Slavs.

As you can see from the quotations, the introduction of Christianity was a good solution, but was it a good solution for the Slavic people? It is hard to judge in my opinion in the face of the spectre of the growing power of the francophone state and, more and more significant position of Germanic rulers, it was the only sensible way to deprive them of the possibility of attacking pagan land. On the other hand, in the light of successive centuries and events, this is a proverbial razor from which nothing good has come out.