Chapter Fifteen

(Erin’s P.O.V.)

“That’s a wrap! Congratulations everyone, we finished!” the direction shouted. Everyone started clapping and cheering and Harry and I backed away from each other awkwardly. Harry walked away from me and over to another group of people. I sighed, wished the night before had never happened, and I ran over and hugged Grant.

“You did wonderful, darling. This will be an amazing movie,” he told me, cupping my cheeks with his hands. I smiled.

“Thank you Grant,” I said. After an hour of goodbyes and thank you’s and congratulations, I walked over to Harry. We were of about twenty people left.

“I guess this is goodbye,” I said slowly. He nodded, his green eyes not meeting mine.

“I guess so.”

I wondered what to do now. Should I awkwardly shake his hand, should I hug him, or should I just thank him and walk away. Harry shuffled his feet and cleared his throat.

“So what are you doing after this?” I asked.

“I’m flying back to London tonight. And I’m staying there for a few months then going on tour,” he said. My heart sunk. He was leaving. And he wasn’t coming back. Not that I wouldn’t eventually go back to London too, but I promised Thomas I’d stay here as long as he was in the hospital.

“You’re leaving?” I asked pathetically. “Just like that?”

He nodded. “Just like that. It was interesting seeing you again. You are a great actress and this will be a great movie. I’ll see you at the red carpet opening. I’ve told Simon to release a press that we’ve broken up. Goodbye,” he said. Then he turned on his heel and started to walk away. My eyes started to water. This wasn’t happening again. I wasn’t losing Harry again.

His footsteps grew quieter and quieter and his body grew smaller and smaller. As he reached the door, he turned around one last time. We locked eyes. He shook his head and walked out the door.

I lost Harry again.

***FLASHBACK***

Harry lowered his sunglasses so that they were resting on the edge of his nose. “What?” I asked uncomfortably, looking down at my body. He laughed.

“You’re going to burn. You need sunscreen, love,”

“Are you calling me pale?” I asked, pretending to sound scandalized. He laughed.

“Yes. Here,” he said, pulling out some sunscreen. “Flip over and I’ll do your back.”

I flipped onto my stomach and he squirted the sunscreen onto my back. I giggled because it was cold. “Cold?”

“Yes,” I answered. He laughed.

“Deal with it!”

“Just rub it on me!” I snapped. He rolled his eyes and rubbed the sunscreen onto my back. Once he was done, I applied the sunscreen to my face as well and slipped my Ray Bans onto my face. He stood up and helped me to my feet.

“Come on, love. We’re going to take a walk on the beach,” he instructed. I grabbed his hand and he pulled me up and he held my hand as we started walking on the shoreline.

“I love coming to the beach with you,” Harry said softly. I smiled at him. “Except for when you burn. I don’t like it when you’re pretty face gets burnt.”

“You’re so mean,” I said, turning away. He jumped on me, causing us both to fall in the sand.

“TAKE THAT BACK!”