Chapter Thirteen

(Harry’s P.O.V.) 

“Are you just going to sit there? Get in,” I snarled. She glared at me and threw her suitcase into the back seat and climbed into the car. I started it silently and made my way to the airport.

“Can I turn on the radio?” she asked, as if afraid I’d bite her head off. Maybe I shouldn’t have been acting like this towards Erin, it wasn’t her fault she didn’t feel anything for me. But I couldn’t help it. I was angry.

“Go ahead. Why should I care what you do?”

“Well it’s your car and considering the fact that all you’ve done since the ball is yell at me, I thought I might ask,” she mumbled. She turned on the radio and music started to paly, breaking the icy silence slightly.

Her phone lit up and I looked over and saw that she was getting a call from Winston. I grit my teeth and she stared at her phone nervously, then turned down the volume.

“What are you doing?” I asked sharply.

“Taking a call. I need to turn the radio down.”

“Don’t answer that.”

“Why not? You don’t care what I do, remember?” she asked coldly. I pressed my lips together and stayed silent while she answered the call. “What do you want?” she asked rudely.

How could she be answering calls from a guy who used her and strung her along for months? It didn’t make any sense to me. She was silent for a long time.

“You think I’m going to fall for that? If you want to get some tonight call another one of your speed dial girls because I’m full of your bullshit. I hope I never see you again. Goodbye,” she said curtly. She punched the hang up button so hard I was sure she’d break it. Then she tossed her phone onto the ground and put her head in her hands.

“Ass,” she muttered under her breath.

“What did he want this time?” I asked, genuinely concerned. She stared at me in anger and confusion.

“Why the hell do you care? You think you can treat me like absolute shit for doing nothing for two days and then ask about Winston? What the hell is wrong with you?” she shouted.

“It wasn’t for no reason!”

“Oh, give me a reason. I beg you,” she said, her voice dripping in sarcasm. I kept my eyes locked on hers, not saying a word. There was the loud honk of a horn and I looked at the road to find that I had been swerving. I got back into place on the road and kept my eyes trained ahead of me.

“Pathetic,” she spat.

“You don’t want to hear my reason, Erin. Trust me.”

“Try me!”

“No!”

“YOU’RE JUST LIKE THE REST OF THEM HARRY! I THOUGHT YOU WERE BETTER BUT I GUESS NOT!”

“OH PLEASE YOU’VE HATED ME THIS WHOLE TIME!”

“NO I HAVEN’T!” she screeched. I stopped. I pulled off to the side of the road. “We’re going to miss the flight – ”

“Since when do you not hate me?” I asked, cutting her off. She sighed.

“I don’t know. Since our truce. Why do you care?” she spat. I took a deep breath and raked her face with my eyes. Then I put the car back in drive and kept going.

“I’m sorry, Erin. I can’t tell you my reason. But I’m sorry, and it’s my fault I’ve been acting like this. And I’m stopping it right now,” I said firmly. I could feel her eyes on me. I turned to look at her and gave her a weak smile. “I’m sorry.”