Chapter Three

(Harry’s P.O.V.)

Erin was half an hour late in the morning. Grant sighed loudly as she flew into the room looking flustered. She went over to Grant and started talking to him in a low voice. He gave her a sympathetic look and kissed her cheek and she joined me on the set.

“Hello Erin. How was your night?” I asked politely. She scowled at me.

“What?” she asked blankly.

“Remember? We’re acting like strangers on set,” I reminded her. She rolled her eyes, then put on a sickly fake smile.

“I had a fine night, thanks. Let’s get this show on the road,” she said, turning to Grant. “Which scene?”

“Four,” Grant said. I looked over my script quickly, trying to sink everything in. Then the director asked for silence and I got myself into character. That girl across the room was no longer Erin; she was Ariel.

From the second the director yelled “action” to “cut” it was as if I was Drake and she was Ariel. As if we never happened. As if we were in love all over again.

But I guess that’s why they call it acting.

(Erin’s P.O.V.)

“Cut!” the director shouted. I dropped the smile and took a step away from Harry. “And that’s a wrap.”

I sighed a breath of relief and started to gather my things. Grant walked over to Harry and I though, which worried me. “Hey guys, I just wanted to say, much better than yesterday. But I still want you two to hang out today.”

“Why?” Harry whined.

“To improve the acting. I’ll see you tomorrow. Erin, honey, I’m sorry about last night. I’m here for you, you know that, right?” Grant asked me, cupping my face. I nodded gratefully and he kissed my forehead and walked away. Harry stared at me in confusion.

“What was that about?”

“None of your business, asshole. Look, it’s Wednesday so I’m going down to the hospital to play with the kids, which means you have to come with me. So please, be nice,” I begged. He raised his eyebrows.

“You do community service? At the hospital?” he asked sounding surprised.

“Yes, I do. I happen to have a friend who’s…I like to be there. Can you handle it, Harry?” I asked.

“You don’t do it for publicity? You do it because you…like it?” he asked, still in disbelief. I scoffed.

“Yes, I like it. The press don’t even know I go there every Wednesday. Now are you done interrogating me? Because the kids are expecting me,” I said, feeling annoyed. Harry paused then grabbed his jacket.

“So which kids do you hang out with?” he asked.

“The ones in the intensive care unit. Don’t worry, pretty boy: they don’t have anything you can catch. You’re perfect face will stay hot as ever,” I grumbled sarcastically. He smirked at me.

“Did you just say I was hot?” he asked. I mentally facepalmed.

“No,” I mumbled.

“You so did.”

“I did not,” I argued. He just snickered and we made our way to the car.

“Did.”

“Didn’t.”

(Harry’s P.O.V.)

When we got to the room full of sick kids, the kids immediately swarmed Erin and started hugging her knees. “Erin! We missed you!”