Chapter Seven: We Don't Use Magic Against Each Other

Disclaimer: The Covenant and Buffy the Vampire Slayer are not of my own creation. They belong to Sony Pictures / J.S. Cardone & Joss Whedon.

Summary: His remains weren't found in ruins left by the burnt down barn. No one knew what happened to him or where he went, but he was back now and intent on draining the power of the one person he underestimated...

Author's Note: I would like to take this moment to thank each and everyone of you reading & enjoying this fanfic story of mine. As I mentioned before I have 12 chapters written up before, but I stopped after my muse left me. Now muse is back and I am revamping some of the chapters as well as working on the new one. If you're enjoying this fanfic story, please help spread the word and share it with others. ALSO some inappropriate language starts to make an appearance starting this chapter, so for future chapters just BEWARE!

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Buffy's Covenant

by PhoenixRae

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

VII. We Don't Use Magic Against Each Other

REID WAS SLOWLY COMING THROUGH. He felt like he'd been bulldozed by more than one eighteen-wheeler truck, and his whole body ached from the impact. He could hear movements around him; voices filtered in and out of his consciousness. Some were familiar while the others were...hell, he couldn't quite decipher.

"He's coming through?" Reid recognized Tyler's worried voice on top of everyone else's.

"Yeah. And it's about damn time he wakes up too!" That has got to be Dawn, the feisty twenty-something brunette, the blonde's sister.

"Are you sure he's alright?" That sounded like the geeky blond living with them. If he remembered his name was Andrew.

"Why shouldn't he be? All he received was a good thrashing down in the dojo," that sounded like Faith, the other instructor who was Caleb and Pogue's sparring partner.

There were a few more conversations, but Reid was far too tired and hurting to pay any attention to them. He started moaning and groaning, testing how he feels by moving his head and sighing when his head wasn't throbbing as badly as it did moments ago.

Reid slowly opened his eyes, blinking rapidly to adjust to the suddenly bright light. He knew he wasn't in the dojo anymore. He was probably carried by his friends upstairs and was placed in the conservatory; it was the only place in the household he noticed that had so many windows.

"Okay everybody, give Mr. Cockypants some breathing space," Willow spread her arms wide and pushed everyone crowding around Reid away. She remained standing right in front of the temperamental blond and waited until his eyes were fully openned and looking right at her.

Reid knew the pet name was designated for him, and if the redhead woman's tone was anything to go by, it wasn't given to him because she liked him either.

"Mr. Cockypants?" he echoed once his eyes were focused on the sweet-faced redhead, but he knew looks can be deceiving. "I don't think I deserve to be called such," he argued.

Willow merely cocked an eyebrow at that. She continued to stare at the young man still slumped on the lounge chair in the conservatory. It was the closest they could carry him from the basement.

"You don't?" she taunted. "Somehow I think you're aptly named," she grinned mischievously.

Right at that précised moment Reid knew he hated Willow Rosenberg. She goes around naming people when she herself was acting like she was so damn full of herself.