Chapter16

This is the last chapter of Entwined so everyone please give me your final thoughts! Follow me and favorite the story. I hope you enjoyed reading this:) I will be working on a sequel so don't be too mad at me. Also, if you have any ideas for the sequel, plot, title, anything make sure to let me know!xoxo

I spent my last night lying next to him, constantly awoken by the sound of his snoring. Morning came faster than I wanted it to and Thranduil was still sleeping. I got off the bed and gathered all my things. I looked at the table and saw the doll was no longer sitting there. I looked around and wondered where it had gone.

"Leaving already?" I heard Legolas ask.

"Yes, I'm going back home," I said.

"I thought this was your home," He said.

"It was," I said in a sad voice.

"Aranel," He said putting his hand on my shoulder. "Thank you for brightening this place up even though it was only for a short while. I really enjoyed having you as my queen and mother."

He bowed and I immediately hugged him.

"I'll miss you. Watch over your father for me," I said.

"Let me walk you to the stables," Legolas said.

I looked around at my once familiar surroundings. It seemed as we passed each room we were passing each memory. I forced myself to smile. I got on the horse.

"I will ride alone. Don't worry, I will send word once I get there," I said to Legolas.

He nodded his head.

"Namárië."

"Hantanyel órenyallo," I answered before riding towards Rivendale.

As I rode on the horse I imagined Thranduil in front of me, telling me if I felt sick to turn around. I smiled at the thought. It took almost two days to return to Rivendale but Legolas packed me a care package that had all I needed.

"Ada!" I said running to my father.

"Aranel! I am so happy to see you," He said hugging me tightly.

"I missed you," I said hugging him tighter.

"Let's go inside," He said.

I was surprised that he was actually fairly quiet and didn't ask that many questions.

"Aranel!"

"Erie! You just follow me around everywhere don't you?"

"Of course," She said with a smile. "But I'm not the only one."

"Huh?" I asked.

She just continued to smile as we walked inside.

My dad and Erie led me to a random room which I thought was strange. They closed the door behind me. I knocked on the door.

"What's going on?" I asked.

I heard nothing.

"I thought you were going to stay by my side."

I jumped from hearing his voice. I continued to stare at Thranduil who slowly limped towards me with a bandage wrapped around his chest.

"How did you…?"

"I'm the Elven King. My elk can travel faster than any horse."

"Right, but why are you…?

"To get my wife," He said.