20

---Steve's POV---

I can't say that I expected this. Hearing about you my whole life, and feeling so empty and angry because I was told multiple times by my father I could never compare to you. But that was before I met you for myself, Steven Grant Rogers. It's truly amazing how someone can just waltz into your life one day and you can't imagine how you lived your life without them. How everything else just fades away. Throughout our relationship, I've learned so much about you. Like how you always fall asleep after a mission with a tiny smile on your face, and how you always treat the team with such respect and care. And for me, you've done even more. You've changed the way I see the world, how to love and how to trust again. And for that, I'm so thankful. I may not always know how to express my love to you, but I promise you that it will always be there.

Tony's vows repeated in my head again and again as I laid in bed next to him, staring up at the ceiling while he softly snored. It's officially been two months since we had gotten married and our lives were going well. We had a new member of the team; Doctor Strange, whose powers I didn't understand to the slightest bit. All I understood was that he's a magic man.

Besides that, Tony had finally gotten his sleep schedule back on track. Of course, now it was me who had trouble sleeping. I couldn't stop thinking about our wedding and how the entire time Peter seemed really distant. As if he was hiding something from us. Tony shrugged it off said it was probably just his nerves from being in front of a large group of people for a while, but it seemed to be more than that. But I just couldn't pinpoint it. I heard Tony shuffling around before I turned to face him.

"Mmph, go to bed already."

"How did you know I was still awake?"

"I can hear when you're thinking. It's the telepathic thing that comes with being married or something like that," Tony mumbled sleepily with his eyes still closed.

I hesitated telling Tony about my theory about Peter knowing that he would probably get up and not sleep for the next five hours. That was a problem for the morning.

- - -

"Hey Tony, have you noticed anything weird with Peter lately?" Tony sat at the breakfast bar sipping his coffee while looking at internship applications to work for Stark Industries while I fried an egg.

Without looking up, Tony replied with an, "Actually, yes. Usually, when we're in the lab he's actively gushing over Ned or how some kid named Flash -really dumb name by the way- keeps on saying he's dating Spiderman -also a really dumb thing to do- I should probably look into that, but he hasn't been talking at all lately."

"Well can you ask him if there's something going on? I'm kind of worried."

"Oh, so I see my father-figure senses have rubbed off on you. But consider it done. I have to talk to his aunt tonight anyway to discuss how often he's allowed to stay at the compound."

"Thanks, Tony. You know I worry about that kid and you. Mostly when you're together."

"Rude, but I still love you."

---Tony's POV---

"Pete, are you alright? Is everything at home ok?" I finally had a chance to talk to Peter after about a week since he kept on making excuses about how he had homework, which made me more suspicious because we both know he can blast through his homework in about an hour -I used to take thirty minutes.

As his eyes met mine, I noticed how sunken and sad they looked.

"Uh, yeah, yeah. Everything's fine." Peter replied quickly.

"Are you sure?"

Peter sighed, "Well, it's just that Ned and I keep on getting into arguments and I hate that it's always happening but I know that it's my fault, and it shouldn't be getting to me so much but-"

"I'm gonna stop you right there. You like Ned, don't you Peter?" Peter's eyes got wide as he realized what I just said.

"Wha- what? No! I don't like Ned he's like-"

"A brother to you? That's what everyone says."

"But it's true!"

"Sure, I totally believe you. It's not like I always hear you gushing over him or anything... But besides that, you two are gonna be fine. It's just a couple of small fights. Nothing to really be worried about." That was enough to get the kid to shut up and look like a tomato. Definitely worth investigating.

- - -

"So, May. How are Peter and Ned?" The two of us were sat in a conference room, where we had just gotten done discussing how often Peter was allowed to stay at the compound. Apparently, Peter really wanted to stay with May because he wants to "keep her safe". Another thing to discuss with Peter.

"I'm pretty sure they're into each other."

"That's exactly what I thought! And I confronted Peter about it and he just said he didn't!"

"When are they finally gonna realize it?" May asked, slapping her hand on the table

"Ten bucks says it's gonna be somewhere between this year and next year."

"Ten bucks says it's going to be after high school."

"You're on."

- - - - -
Yeet yoink guess who took 200 years to update. Whoops. But just so you know, I am trying to get this out and finished as soon as possible. But besides that, THANKS FOR 33K READS!!!! MY WIG IS DISINTEGRATED SIS I LUV ALL OF U!!!!