"God you know, dancing really is the worst." Hyde says adjusting his glasses.

Just as he says this Red walks through the door.

"Eric go sweep the garage." 

"What did I-?"

"Now."

Eric sighs and leaves.

"You can't dance." Red says looking over at Hyde.

"Well I'm going upstairs." I say sensing an awkward air rising in the kitchen.

I run up the steps and get dressed

I pop the mixtape in and start listening to the songs that Hyde had picked for me

The first songs were nice. Some AC/DC some Zeppelin, just general things that Hyde and I usually listen to together.

But then one song caught my attention. It was a Zeppelin song, one that I'd heard before, but I didn't expect to hear it on a mixtape from Hyde.

"Whole Lotta Love" 

My heart picked up and I smiled placing my head in my hands, hiding my burning face from the world.

 "Steven Hyde you dog." I mutter.

I press pause on the cassette player and bounce down stairs.

I see my mom turning of music and Steven leaving the house.

"Oh uh, bye Steven." I call after him

"Later Forman." he replies, closing the door.

My mom smiles and crosses her arms looking at me with that smug face of hers.

"What?" I ask.

"What" she mocks

"What the heck, mom." I say looking at her, eyebrows raised.

"Oh don't you 'what the heck mom' me young lady. You like Steven!"

I shush her violently.

"Mom you can't say something like that! What if Red were to hear." 

She lets out a loud laugh and pats my back.

"Oh he'd kill Steven." 

"oh... he'd kill Steven..." 

She stops laughing at the realization and covers her mouth.

"Ok, well no matter, because I think he likes you too." She says with a little laugh.

"I know he does mom. But it's a little more complicated than that. It's like he's the sweetest guy I've ever met, and he made me this really nice mixtape, and he calls me 'pretty eyes' and all these things... but at the same time, He's Hyde! We've been friends forever! He's practically my brother!"

she lets out a strained laugh

"Well I certainly hope not since you are clearly in love with him!" 

Dad sits down on the couch

"In love with who?" He asks.

"Jesus!" I say quickly before running out of the living room towards the Vista Cruiser.

-----------

At the disco we all clumped together at a table

At the disco we all clumped together at a table. Fez and Jackie were dancing, Kelso was grumbling, and Eric was staring longingly at Donna. 

"He looks so stupid twirling around like that." Kelso says angrily.

"Oh please I'd love to dance with someone like that." I say rolling my eyes.

"Yeah me too. The way he shows her off... like a beautiful flower." Donna says sighing.

"Well I mean, Y/n man if you wanna dance, I can dance." Hyde says looking at me, blank faced.

I look up at him eyes wide.

"Really?" I ask.

"I mean sure why not." He says standing and holing his hand out to me.

I smile a little and take his hand allowing him to pull me up.

"Oh one last thing, get your head out of your ass and dance with donna, Forman." he says to Eric as he takes me to the dance floor.

He puts one hand on my waist and holds my hand in the other and begins to lead me in a dance.

"Damn, Hyde, you're one talented dancer." I say trying to regain my cool.

"Well thanks, Forman. You're actually my first dance."

I look up at him surprised.

"Really?" 

He nods and smiles at me.

"Well I'll be." I say with a grin

He rolls his eyes and smiles down at me.

I stare into his eyes, grateful that his glasses had been removed.

He extends an arm and spins me before bringing me back in, closer this time.

I lean my head on his shoulder and notice Eric awkwardly trying to dance with Donna.

I shake my head and chuckle.

"What's so funny, Pretty eyes?" 

I look up at him.

"Just Eric being a dink." 

he nods and smiles. 

I look up into his blue eyes and smile.

"You know, you're the one who actually has pretty eyes." I say as we turn together.

"What do you mean 'actually'. I may have pretty eyes, Forman, but you should see the way the red brings out your eyes." 

I bite my lip and look down trying to hide my smile.

"Steven Hyde are you getting soft?" 

He dips me and brings me back to standing.

"How dare you." 

I laugh and look at his lips.

The memories of the birthday party come flooding back and suddenly all I can think about is kissing Hyde.

"Damn you mother." I mutter.

He looks at me confused, and I reach up and kiss him.

He stops dancing and dips me down as we kiss.

We break apart and he brings me up to standing.

"Now that was hot." I say.

He laughs and lets go of me.

"Thanks for dancing with me, little Forman."

I smile.

"Anytime, Hyde."