three

Ten years later...

"Naruto! Get up!" I yelled from in the kitchen. I was cooking homemade ramen for the blonde hyperactive boy.

"You're making ramen!" Naruto came running downstairs with his goofy grin and his goggles were crooked. By the look in his eyes, I could tell he had another scheme up his sleeve. I'm used to him making pranks, but sometimes they get a little too far. At times I wonder if I'm giving him enough attention.

"Yes, Naruto. Later, we will be going over your shadow clone jutsu, okay." I said putting the noodles in a bowl.

I looked at him to notice his smile faltered for a bit before I turned to put his miso in the soup. He still couldn't grasp onto the jutsu, so I made a promise that I would help him no matter what.

My high ponytail goes down to below my waist and I had the usual bandages on my face.

"Yeah, and this time I'll do it no problem. Believe it!" And his hyper active side is back I thought rolling my eyes. "Otherwise, I'll never be Hokage."

I turned to him bending down ruffling his hair as I spoke. "And we all know that you will surely be Hokage, Naruto." I gave him a closed eye smile so he could tell I was smiling.

"Yeah! Believe it!"

And with that, he ate his ramen in record time before heading to the door. He stopped turned back and tackled me into a hug. "See you later, Sataki-San." I chuckled a bit and spun around listening to him laugh.

"Okay, okay. I gotta go! Believe it!" He said hugging me one more time.

I hugged him back standing up just as he left for the academy. I grabbed my two swords from by the door and clipped them on before putting on my sandals heading out. I still need to buy groceries and I need to talk to the Hokage so that he knows that I'll be with Naruto so that I don't get put on any missions.

As I was walking down a deserted street a voice boomed out to me, "My youthful rose, I challenge you to a race using our hands only!" I giggled at this turning around to see Guy running up pulling me into a death hug. "Yeah, sure. I'm just glad you chose now rather than later since I was about to go grocery shopping." I say this escaping his grip and getting on my hands.

"Then if I loose, I will help you carry your groceries everyday for five months!" He shouts getting on his hands as well.

"You're on, bushy brows!"

Time skip...

"I win!" I explain happily. "Now let's go grocery shopping before it gets too late."

Guy kept going on about the score, which is now 34 to 21. I had the most wins, but there were some things I just refused to do. Those challenges he won by default.

We entered the grocery store grabbing all the ingredients and other things I need. Guy paid half the bill once he saw how much I was getting. I told him he didn't have to, but he insisted saying that this way my wallet wasn't hurting as much.

On the way back after getting my groceries, it was quiet. That is until Guy brought up someone I haven't heard about since that day.

"I heard that Kakashi is back in town." He said in a serious tone. 'So he has once again returned from a long term mission, huh. This one lasted four months.'

"Oh, yeah" I tried to hide my emotions, but Guy is Guy, and my teammate, so of course he picked up on it without much effort.

"You haven't spoke to him at all have you?" He asked a little quiet. People passed us looking in sorrow. Everyone knows the fourth Hokage was my adoptive father, and so many people pitied me.