I'd Wait Forever For You

"You two are so gross." Jace snorted slightly at the annoyance in Izzy's voice. He was watching a video on his laptop. He and Simon were making out and his sister was recording them.

It was Christmas two years ago, a few weeks after he and Simon got together after years of dancing around each other.

He smiled sadly as he saw the look on Simon's face in the video and then chuckled when he rolled his eyes and kept on kissing Jace while simultaneously flipping Izzy off.

The video ended at Izzy's gasp but Jace stared at the screen of his laptop. Slowly he clicked on a folder labeled. "Memories" and the screen was filled with videos and pictures he hadn't looked at in a year.

Pictures and videos of he and Simon in their eighteen month relationship. He had approximately 1,843 pictures and 54 videos. Yeah, his boyfriend loved to take a lot of pictures. At the time, Jace had thought it was stupid when Simon kept saving them for 'posterity'. After all, he and Simon were going to be together forever. That was what they had said.

Then it happened.

Two years ago

It was the day after Jace's birthday. Simon had been coming home from work and there was an accident. There was a massive eight car pileup which had left six people dead and about a dozen injured.

Jace was at Alec and Magnus's when he got the call. They had told him that he was listed as Simon's emergency contact and that he had to be at the Hospital immediately.

He had been sick with fear when he got to the Hospital. Simon could not be dead. He had prayed over and over again that his boyfriend would be OK.

Simon had escaped most of the fracas but when Jace was finally allowed to see him, he was unconscious.

It was after a 12 hours he was told that Simon was in a coma and it wasn't certain if he'd wake up.

Jace practically put his life on hold and stayed with Simon in the Hospital for three months. He only left in the morning to take a shower and change his clothes before going back.

One morning, he walked back into Simon's room and found the love of his life sitting up and answering questions. Jace had never been so happy to see anyone in his life. He had rushed over to the bed and wrapped his arms around Simon, holding back his tears.

"Fuck, I missed you."

He felt Simon stiffen before relaxing slightly and hugging him. Simon had patted his back awkwardly. "Wow, I should have hit my head a long time ago if that was all it would take to get you to hug me like this."

What?

"Your boyfriend hasn't left your side in three months." The doctor said. "You are very lucky."

Simon had pushed him away quickly. "B-Boyfriend? Oh no, we're-we're not dating."

Wait, what?

"He's my best friend." Simon said, smiling. "Right, bro...?"

Jace froze. Best friend?

The doctor looked at Simon and frowned. "Jace, I need a few minutes alone with Simon."

Jace couldn't remember walking out of the room. Something was wrong. He and Simon were more than just best friends. They were soul mates. Simon was the love of his life.

The doctor had come out of Simon's room, the frown still on her face. Just then, Simon's mom and sister joined him.

"He's awake?"