Chapter 6

Chapter 6

"Ughhh," I moaned as I was greeted by the morning sun beaming on my face. I turned away from the blinding light and tried to hide under my pillow. My head was pounding and spinning and I felt like I was ready to throw up all the contents of my stomach in any second. "What the hell happened last night?"

"Oh, I don't know. You slept with Kevin." I heard Ashanti's voice next to me and I bolted upright in complete shock and horror and stared at her. She was standing over me with a glass of water, holding two Aspirins in her hand.

"I what?!" I half yelled in disbelief, my heart beating so fast, it felt like it was about to fly out of my chest. I could feel bile rising in my throat. "I think I'm going to be sick."

"Just kidding, stupid. You should have seen your face." Ashanti giggled and handed me the glass of water and pills. "Nothing happened, but I'm sure you would have the way you were all over him. What's the last thing you remember?"

"I remember you were dancing upstairs with Derrick and then he passed out or something on the floor. I don't know what happened after, but somehow we got home and your mom was totally pissed at us." I blushed, feeling embarrassed that I couldn't remember the whole night. "I thought she was gonna take my head off. That woman is scary. I don't think I want to see her that upset again."

Ashanti burst out laughing. "You are such a punk. Mom is all bite and no bark. I'm sure she's forgotten it by now. If she was really pissed, she would have woken us up before she left for work and that was hours ago."

Throwing the pills into my mouth and finishing the glass of water, I threw the covers off of me to find that I was still fully dressed in my clothes from last night and I blushed again as I handed her the empty glass. My head suddenly started to spin again and my mouth became watery. Holding my hand to my mouth, I pushed past her and ran as fast as I could to the bathroom, throwing myself to the toilet as I barely made it to release the contents of my stomach. What a way to begin a Saturday.

"Wow, you were wasted for real." Ashanti laughed as she made her way to the kitchen.

"Not funny." I gasped between my gags. "I'm never drinking with you again."

"You're just mad you can't hang," she chuckled.

"I so can hang." I scoffed as I washed my mouth out and flushed the toilet without looking at the disgusting liquid that had come out of my stomach for fear I might barf again. I walked into the kitchen and sat in front of the window to get some fresh air. "What time is it?"

"Two in the afternoon." Ashanti grinned as I gave her a horrified look again.

"Two in the afternoon?!" I repeated in shock. "How the hell did we sleep that long?"

"Hellooo." Ashanti rolled her eyes as if I was stupid. "We were partying like rock stars."

"Never again." I wagged my finger at her as I opened the fridge and peered inside. "What does it have to eat because I am starving?"

"I don't know," she shrugged, leaning against the counter and checking her finger nails. "Wanna order some Chinese?"

"Sure, that sounds great!" I nodded. "I'm gonna take a shower. I feel dirty."

"Whatever," she chuckled and began to dial the Chinese restaurant's number into the house phone.

The water felt so good against my skin and seemed to clean all the filth of yesterday off of me. Flash backs of me hugging up Kevin and his hands playing in my hair flooded my mind as I stood under the shower, trying to remember what happened last night.