Chapter 01: 16 Months After Release

Chapter 1 
16 Months After Release

A black Rolls Royce limousine is traveling in the streets of Manila and inside, a background of a female voice delivering the news for the night can be heard. Staring outside the window of his luxurious silver wheeled, black tinted vehicle, his eyes marveled on the night life of the city. 

It was buzzing with life and excitement. 

Electronic Ads were blinking, people were walking, building lights emanated the office workers doing their jobs, the stalls and booths outside all beamed with business, a city of life and activity radiated in Manila's streets.

A smile emerged on his lips and the expensive suit he was wearing emanated its splendor from the traffic lights they were passing by.

"This place is alive." He told his two companions, facing them with a contented expression. "This place has a nice vibe on it. He sure chose a nice place..."

A rare feat, the two men in black suits exchanged glances. Even though the three of them were of distinct races, from the translator device attached on the ends of their ears (that made them look like elves), the tone he, Augustus Laniary, gave off was enough tense them up.

Whenever the boss is happy and feeling good, he would always give out rewards. But along with those lines, failure is not acceptable. Not only they would have a cut, they could also experience worst things, including the few chances to receive a severe punishment that crosses the line of life and death. That was expected. Failure in the organization is recognized as a severe crime.

In the news in their limousine's on-board TV, the news changed from a traffic accident into the news about a missing famous person. It was being delivered by a beautiful female news caster.

It played as the background on their travel and the two's eyes were dragged to their principal as their attention was forcefully pulled by their boss's words.

"Thanks, boss." Marty said and he felt the tense rising in his chest as he nudged at his partner. Rude, with shaking hands, turned them into fists as he spoke with a trembling voice. 

"Ah Boss, Doctor Faust's working place is close from here."

"Really?" The Boss raised a brow. "It's been a long time since we last saw each other."

The news on the TV changed into the news about the most famous recreational activity and job right now. Hearing that, they paused to watch the news.

[...and war is just around the corner!] The female news anchor was joined by a male anchor and he made a comment that was really attention grabbing. [It's been four weeks since we last saw a siege war. And now, I think the Titan Goliath Guild is following the trend.]

[Right.] The female news anchor replied. [They've just announced their acknowledgement on attacking the second largest fortress of the Sylphiadora Guild. All for the crime, according to them, of snatching a rare MOD that was supposed to land on the hands of the TGG.]

[Well, that was a serious crime in Terroa.]

[It really is.]

[MODs. Rare and very valuable. I wonder what kind of MOD is it that they will launch that large scale of an attack.]

[I heard that it was a Special Type.]

The female news anchor clapped her hands. [Oh! I think it was understandable. If that was me, I'd also be angry at anyone who stole it from me.]

[Well, we can only look forward to this event.]

[Yes it is. Well, that's for tonight folks...]

[See you again tomorrow. I'm Kathleen Brew.]