His heart flipped all the same when he saw Garrett under the lighting. His mouth tugged a little bit at the corners, making it seem like he was contented with everything that was happening at the moment. His eyes and glasses reflected the very same light. And Andrew found that the most wonderful sight in the world.

"Why are you looking at me like you're so in love with me?", Andrew hadn't even realized that Garrett had returned his gaze.

Andrew answered his question, feelings true and smile genuine.

"Because I am."

//

It was the day after their date. They had to go to school again, which sucked, but that meant they were going to see each other anyway, so it wasn't all that bad.

Garrett, after entering the school, headed straight to his locker so he wouldn't be late for his first subject.

One he reaches there, he sees something plastered on it. It looked like the notes Andrew and him used to exchange, and to his surprise, it was a note.

"dear garrett,
it feels weird to put this on your locker since this whole time it's always been on mine. anyways dhhsjfh

i have something to admit  !!!

prepare 2 be shookt

meet me @ the chicken place later at night

dw it will be ur treat lmao

attendance is a must,
ur baby boi andrew"

"Your baby boy, Andrew? Literally, ew.", he said out loud, more to himself, not realizing that there was someone behind him.

"Our gay boy is getting some head tonight!", Shane practically shrieked from behind him, and pretty much all of the school body could hear what he had just said. "Get it, boy!"

Garrett suddenly wished he wasn't friends with such a hyper man.

//

School for the day had just finished, and Garrett was on his way to the chicken restaurant. He felt giddy, since, duh, this was Andrew, his ultimate dream boy, and even though they've gone to a couple of dates with each other, it didn't change the fact that Garrett got nervous before every date. Even more so right now that Andrew said he had something to admit. He couldn't wait. He really couldn't.

By the time that he arrived at the restaurant, Andrew had already been there, at the very same table that they had when they first came to the place. And the same order. That Andrew paid for.

"Hello. I know, I know, I said I'd let you pay but you were taking so long. You can just pay me back later.", Andrew nervously uttered, knowing Garrett would be bothered by the fact that he already paid for their food. He then pulled Garrett's seat for him.

They enjoyed eating the fried chicken, but Garrett couldn't stop thinking about what Andrew would admit to him.

"Something bothering you?", and apparently, Andrew had taken notice of that.

"Yeah. But first, wipe all that oil on your lips. That's gross.", Garrett reached for the tissue that came with their food and gave them to Andrew.

Once he was done wiping, he once again asked Garrett about what was bothering him.

"You told me in the letter that you had something to tell me. And I'm kind of nervous? But I'm okay. You can carry on eating.", Garrett gulped.

Upon realization, Andrew laughed.

"Oh.", he giggled.

He then reached for Garrett's hands with his own.

"Look, I've been wanting to admit something to you.", just that made Garrett want to have a nervous breakdown at a chicken place.

"I.. really like you. You've made me very happy these past few weeks not only with the dates but with the notes. I really appreciate everything you've done for me. And I think you're very pretty. Sorry, I'm just rambling now. But you are pretty, god. Okay, sorry. Could I please be your boyfriend? I promise I'll have a better wedding vow than whatever the fuck this was.", Andrew confessed, not bothering to take a single breath.

"Yes. Yes, you could."

"Oh my god."

"But you may not."

"Oh."

"Kidding. Of course I wanna be your boyfriend.", Garrett beamed, literally smiling ear to ear, and upon hearing his reply, Andrew did the same.

They shared a lengthy hug from all the happiness. When they pulled apart, their faces were inches apart. Garrett took advantage of the situation and did what he had wanted to do for so long.

He kissed Andrew.

At the chicken place.

And it was fucking awesome.

"Excuse me, this is a restaurant, not a bar. If you are finished with your meal, please escort yourselves out of the venue.", a waiter with an Italian accent had approached the two of them, causing them to finally pull apart, their faces red from the kiss and from the recently acquired embarrassment.

"You don't have to pay me back for the meal now.", Andrew stated once they made their way out of the restaurant.

"You taste like chicken.", Garrett said and they shared a laugh. Andrew pulled Garrett close to him, his forehead on the other's own, smiles on both their faces, and kissed him once again.

It was the perfect way to end the night, and both of them wished that they could end all nights the same way.

fin.

//

that's a wrap shdjjfjsjjf

just 2 boys being gay and eating chicken. we stan