Chapter 18-Venomus

Start from the beginning

"Because he didn't tell me." She mumbled, running her hands through her hair.

"You're his girlfriend, shouldn't you know this?" Stiles asked his twin sister, "Matter of fact, aren't you part of his pack?"

"He doesn't tell me anything." She said.

"Derek is not gonna kill her. Not without proof."

"Alright, so he test her like he did with Jackson, right? But when and where?"

"I think here and now." Laken noticed Isaac and Erica go into the classroom together. "You guys keep them away from Lydia. I've got a boyfriend to beat."

*****

It didn't take long for Laken to find Derek, he was just in the parking lot.

"Really?" Laken shoved him back, "You're going after Lydia? You tested my best friend?!" She shoved him again. "Are you seriously gonna kill a teenage girl?"

"I'm gonna do everything I can to get rid of that thing." Derek glared down at this girlfriend.

"What if it was me, huh?! Would you kill it then?!"

"La-,"

"Don't Laken me!" She glared and by now she didn't care that every werewolf in the building could probably hear her, "Would you kill it then?!"

"No."

"Then why are you doing it to another teenage girl? One that I'm friends with?!" She was still glaring at him.

"Because I don't love Lydia!" He shouted, "Because, unlike you, I don't care for her like I care about you!"

"You lay one hand on her, Derek Hale and I swear to my fucking dead mother, we're done."

******

Laken walked in the back door of the McCall house to find her brother locking the front door and looking out the window.

"Uh, there's been a few break-in's around the neighborhood." Stiles lied to the group and eyeing the chair. Jumping forward, he grabbed it and shoved the top half under the door, "And a murder. Yeah, it was bad."

"Lydia, follow me." Jackson told the strawberry blonde, "I need to talk to you or a minute."

"Seriously? What is going on with everyone?" Lydia rolled her eyes, but followed her ex-boyfriend any way.

"Somebody call Scott." Laken mumbled, running her hands through her messy hair.

"I got it." Allison spoke up, "But I need to use someones phone. If my parents found it I was so much as talking to Scott, I'd be dead."

Stiles sighed and pulled his phone from his pocket, knowing Laken wasn't gonna let the Argent daughter use her phone. He pulled up Scott's number before handing the phone to her.

Laken ignored the Argent and the constant vibrations o her phone in her back poket, and looked out the winder where her boyfriend, Boyd, Isaac and Erica stood at the opposite side of the road.

"What are you doing?" Stiles looked over at Allison, who was looking at her phone.

"I think - I think I'm gonna call my dad."

"Okay, but if he finds you here, you and Scott-,"

"I know, but what are we supposed to do? They're not here to scare us, they're here to kill Lydia."

******

"I got an idea." Stiles whispered a few minutes later, his twin sister and Allison looking at him, "You shoot one of them."

"Are you serious?" The hunter whispered back

"We told Scott we could protect outselves, so let's do it. At least give it a shot, right?" Stiles said, "Look, they don't think were' gonna fight, so one of them gets hit, I guarantee they take off. o just shoot one of them.

Allison peered out the window, "Which one?"

"Um, Derek, shoot hin, preferably in the head."

"Hey!" Laken slapped the back of his head, "That's my boyfriend! I might be pissed at him, but I'd like him in once piece."

"If Scott was able to catch an arrow, Derek definitely can."

"Just shoot one of the other three them."

"You mean two." Laken looked out the window.

"I mean three." Stiles looked out the window, above his sister's head, "Where the hell is Isaac?"

"Suddenly, Allison was thrown to the floor, Isaac behind her. As he was going for Laken, even though Derek told them not to, Scott appeared from behind him.

****

The limp bodies of Isaac and Erica, flew out the front door and in front of Derek and Boyd. Scott, the Stilinski Twins, and Allison walked out the McCall house.

"I think I'm finally getting why you keep refusing me, Scott." Derek's hard look when from Scott to Laken, softening up at the sight of his girlfriend. "You're not an Omega, you're already an Alpha, of your own pack. But you know you can't beat me."

"I can hold you off until the cops get here." Scott told him.

The grin on Derek's lips slowly faded as the sound of police sirens were heard from a distance. A hiss brought everyone attention to the room of Scott's home. Derek wrapped his arm around Laken's waist, pulling her body closer to him.

"Get them out of here." Derek nodded to Boyd.

"Would someone please tell me what the hell is going on?" Lydia emerged from the house.

"It's Jackson."

****

Laken sat in the middle of her bed, playing with the ends of Derek's t-shirt that covered her body.

"Hey." Derek's voice sounded through her room, "Are you still mad?"

"Not anymore." She whispered, looking up with tears in her eyes. "Good, when did life get so crazy?"

Derek kicked his shoes off, throwing his jacket on her computer desk and sat behind her. His arms went around her waist and he pulled her into him.

"I love you." He mumbled, kissing the side of her neck.

"I love you, too." She turned around to kiss him.