Chapter 9

Clicks..

"Oh my God, are you guys together now?"

The curious reporters began their questions as I stepped out of my front door with a small bag in one hand. One of Xavier's bodyguards led me the car while the other two tried to keep the hungry zombies away. Sorry but they really attacked me like zombies.

I was asked to wear a hoodie and cover my face with the hood, though I didn't see the point of it all, the whole world probably knew my face already.

"Are you taking your relationship to the next level?" one of the hungry zombies asked.

What stupid next level?! Ugh these people were starting to get on my nerves.

"Get in," Xavier said to me.

"I'll ride with Jenna, thanks," I replied with a sarcastic smile.

"Suit yourself," he said before driving off.

Asshole.

We arrived at his place some minutes later.

"Let me help you with that," Travis offered to carry my tiny bag of clothes.

Aww, how sweet.

"Thanks but I can handle it," I smiled at him.

"Listen, I don't know why you're even staying here but paws off my things okay and keep your distance from me, like seriously, " Xavier said as we stepped into his house.

Ugh, I so hate this guy.

"I'll show you your room," Jenna said with a warm smile. She led me through the stairs till we got to an extremely large room, a room that was way larger than my entire living room. They were fucking rich.

"Please feel at home," Jenna said, "I'll send one of the guards to order something for you to eat," she said again before leaving.

Wow..

"Hope it's not too big for you," a male voice said behind me. I turned around, hoping it was Xavier but was clearly disappointed when I met Jordan's cute face.

Why I was hoping it was Xavier? I do not know.

"It's bigger than my living room," I shrugged and smiled.

He chuckled softly and dipped one hand into his side pocket.

"It's only for a few days," he said.

I nodded and my phone buzzed again for the hundredth time. I was tagged to plenty photos and comments on instagram. My phone buzzed every minute, every second, it was really annoying.

"You might wanna turn off your device cause it won't stop, people all over the world are seeing this," Jordan said, taking a step closer.

"The photo can be taken down right?"

He nodded slowly.

"Can you help me see to it that it's done," I pleaded.

"I can try," he nodded.

"Thank you," I smiled. He was really sweet.

I quickly texted Lexi the summary of last night and told her I wasn't gonna be home for a few days before turning off my phone which will be left that way till further notice.

"I won't let Xavier bother you, I promise I'll talk to him," Jordan said.

"You don't have to, I'll just try and keep my distance," I smiled.

"Sure, get some rest," he nodded before walking away.

********

"No! Please No!.... Dad please wake up!... Ven it's me wake up! Come back to me please!"

The paramedics zipped up the body bags and took them away.

"Don't take them away please I'm begging you!"

"Vee they're gone,"

Gone?

Gone?

Gone?

No no no

"No!" I screamed and jerked up from the bed, sweat was streaming down my face or maybe they were tears, I'm not sure.

Why wouldn't they stop coming...

The room door swung wide open and a shirtless Xavier ran towards me.

"I heard you scream, is everything okay?" he asked in a very kind tone.

"I...I.. I... they... I-" I sobbed uncontrollably.

"Shh shh, it's okay, I got you," he wiped my wet cheek with his thumb and buried my head in his neck. His raspy voice and the gentleness behind his tone sent shivers down my spine.

Who are you and what have you done with Xavier?

He smelled so wonderful, I suddenly found myself craving so hard for him.

Jordan barged into the room a minute later and switched on the lights.

"I heard a scream, what happened?, is she okay?" he asked.

"She's fine, go back to sleep," Xavier spoke for me.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake anyone," I sniffed.

"It's fine," they jinxed. Jordan nodded at me before leaving.

I turned to look at Xavier, his smouldering green eyes almost made me melt on the spot. My eyes darted from his face down to his shirtless torso and that was when I saw it all. His tattoos, they were very intriguing, so beautifully drawn, I fought the urge to run my fingers through them repeatedly.

"I'll be okay, you should go now," I said to Xavier as I pulled away from his warm embrace.

"No, I'm not leaving you," he said simply and seriously.

****************************************

Sorry about the short chapter🙀 I'll try to make the next a bit longer.❤

Thanks for reading 😊❤