[мy ѕnow wнιтe qυeen]

Start from the beginning

"Okay, so do you wanna start?" I asked.

She nodded slightly and took a notebook and a pen to take notes.

I explained her how the mathematical questions were solved and after around an hour and a half she got the hang of it.

I watched Lynn finish another exercise and looked out the window. It was already getting dark.

I thought about Ashley and how I probably was going to apologize to her again like I always did. I really didn't want to. She wasn't good for me.

Lyndsey must have seen the sad look on my face because she placed her hand on mine.

"Is everything okay?"

I shook my head. "Yeah, just some drama with my girlfriend."

Lyndsey nodded. "Ashley, right? She's in my math class."

I nodded. "It's fine though. We should stop for today. You did good."

Lyndsey smiled and nodded. "Thanks."

I gathered my books and put them back in my backpack. "So, same time next week?"

She nodded and stood up. We walked out of the library together and said our goodbyes before parting ways.

I got into my car and immediately drove home. I was exhausted.

"Mom, dad? Are you home?" I yelled as I came into the house. I doubted my parents were home but I guess a little part of me still had faith in them.

There was no response so I locked the door behind me and went to my room, plopping down on my bed.

I grabbed my phone and decided to text Ashley and see if she wanted to come over. I could just apologize to her over the phone but I wouldn't be able to see if she really accepted my apology or was just faking.

Me:
Hey, Ash. Can you come over? I need to talk to you.

Ashley:
Sure, be there in ten.

I smiled at that text and threw my phone to the bottom of my bed.

I closed my eyes and sighed contently. I was about to drift off to sleep when I heard the doorbell ring.

I quickly got up and ran to the door, unlocking it again before opening it.

"Hey." Ashley said.

I opened the door more and stepped aside to let her in. "Hey."

I closed the door behind her and watched as she made her way to the couch and sat down.

"So, what did you want to talk about?"

I took a deep breath and sat down next to her. "I know we haven't really been hanging out and I'm sorry because I know it's my fault. I'm always busy with school and never have time for you. I really wish things could change but I don't think they will."

Ashley frowned. "What? So you're breaking up with me?" she said, slightly raising her voice.

"No, I just think we need a break. You're always mad at me when I can't hang out with you and I can't handle that now. It's our senior year. I need to do my best to get good grades."

"So, you're breaking up with me because you don't have time for me. Great." Ashley muttered as she stood up.

"No, Ash. Please. We can still be friends. I just need a break. In two months school is over and we can hang out all we want."

Ashley shook her head and paced around the living room. "You're a bitch! You're not breaking up with me! I will decide that and I say we don't fucking break up!" she yelled.