Chapter 30 - Bitter Truth.

Start from the beginning

So that's why I clicked on this glamorous blue saree right on the first sight, huh? I blushed on the thought.

"Now for the awaiting announcement of the year, the Lawrence & Co had already given the full rights to their next heir and let's we have our new CEO, Mr Nathan Lawrence. " The anchor announced and I was standing there speechless while I heard everyone applauding to the announcement.

He already had the company for himself?

After a year, we will be divorced or if I make the company fully mine quickly, we would be divorced earlier. Even though, it wasn't the whole a year. His words on the day when he proposed to marry me ranged loudly in my brain and since he made the company fully his, this means that we can divorce after this. Isn't it?

We...can divorce after this. Such thought thickly dampen my heart and I'm practically choking back the tears.

When I came back to my senses, I saw Nathan on the stage beside the anchor and he was holding onto a microphone.

"Mr Nathan Lawrence, the third heir of Lawrence & Co, how do you feel about that? " The anchor asked and Nathan confidently mouthed, his voice to be professional as always.

"It's a blessing, to be honest. I had always wanted to be a huge part of this company and I have seen it growing better everyday since I was a child. We should be really honoring my grandfather here, because if it's not for him, this company wouldn't have existed and also for my father, who worked a lot to keep up with the name we are holding on all this years. I promise that I would be a better CEO to maintain the prosperous we had all this time. " I felt very proud of him, in spite the fact that we are allowed to divorce hereafter and I even clapped my hands as everyone does in background.

"Wow, this speech explains the CEO spirit on you and of course, we all should know the answer to this coming question. We all know that there's this someone behind your successful life today, you know like someone who had been the sole reason for your success....so my dear CEO, do you mind letting us know about who's this someone? " The anchor asked and Nathan looked away with a knowing smirk on his lips.

He was staring afar while he began saying, "There's this someone. As you said, the sole reason for what I'm right now. If she never trusted me that time, I don't know how would I ended up right now. She came into my life and changed it all. " He let know with an adoring smile on his lips and took back his eyes to the anchor.

"Well, when people say that there's a woman behind every successful man, they aren't even joking. So, Mr Lawrence, do you mind introducing us your someone...right now? " the anchor asked and Nathan shook his head lightly. The anchor raises his eyebrows and Nathan chuckled while saying, "She's not here today. But I would- "

"I'm here. " He was caught off guard, well everyone of us does when I heard someone saying from my side of crowd, which isn't me at all. My eyes followed everyone's gazes and it landed on that little minx.

She was holding onto a microphone herself and she was walking up the stage as she held her head high. My eyes was totally wide as I heard Mrs Lau shrieking beside me, "Woah, the rumours were right all along. She's getting that man tonight. "

Nathan Lawrence

"I'm here. " I was caught off guard when I heard someone on the microphone and I saw Jen coming up to me with a smirk.

What the hell is she doing?

I was meaning to tell everyone that my someone isn't here but I would eventually introduce her to everyone later and when I mentioned about my someone, I had only my wife in my mind.

My love, Ishita.

But what did this Jen thinking about herself? Why don't I ever just tell her that I'm married?

"I'm the someone he meant and I'm very much happy to let it kn- " she was saying but I cut her off immediately.

"Shut up. We both know that your lyi- " I nearly yelled but she interrupted right away.

"Oh, please, Nathan. Everyone in our company knows about us. You can't keep on deny our feelings and it's time we let them know that we are officia- " I was practically gaping my mouth at what she said and I was taken aback when I overhear my mother screaming while stomping her way towards us.

"What is this, Nathan? What is she even talking about? You know that your wife is here and why don't you just call her up just now? I swear, if your playing around right now, I'm going t- " I couldn't hear anything else after she said that my wife's here.

"She's here? " I put up the question right away as I processed her words and my mother glared at me.

"Of course, she's here. " she shouted in confirmation and my eyes took a quick glance around.

It scanned everyone and as I saw this familiar beautiful face, my heart ached on the way the tears flowed down her cheeks. She ward off my gaze immediately before wiping her tears and she bolt off towards the exit.

Caring less about anything or everything around, I run down the stage to chase on my woman. I didn't paid attention on anything as the only goal I had was to reach my love.

"Ishita, wait. Ishita. " I shouted her name as she was about to enter the elevator and she didn't even bother to take a look at my side before walking into the lift.

"Love, please wai- " The elevator door went closed and I grieved over as I hit my forehead on the metallic surfaced door.

Seconds later, my feet padded up to the staircases and I run down from 9th floor of the building. I was nearly worn out but that doesn't stop me as I made it to the parking basement which I assumed that she might parked her car here. I ran out to the basement and looked around at every sides, praying the God to give me at least a hint of her presence.

I listened to a car's engine roaring at the end of the basement on my left and when I ran towards the direction, the car was already moving towards the exit that connects to the highways.

The bitter truth is, it was her car and I'm feeling as if she's already leaving my life....forever.

Below, Ishita on the annual dinner❤️

Below, Nathan on the annual dinner🥵❤️