Chapter Nine: The Roots of a family

Start from the beginning

Grimm Slayer: "We're you guys that hungry? How can you eat two whole boars and still want more?" She asked as a waitress brought them small cups  of coffee and they drank it quickly.

Thor: "This drink I like it." He said.

Valkyrie: "Indeed what's it called?" She asked.

Grimm Slayer: "Coffee, it's better to have it every morning though." She said as suddenly they threw their cups on the floor shattering them.

Thor/Valkyrie: "Another!" They shouted.

Grimm Slayer: "What the hell are you guys doing?!" She said as she got up and picked up the pieces.

Thor: "It was delicious, we want another." He said.

Grimm Slayer: "You could've just asked!" She said throwing the pieces away properly.

Valkyrie: "We just did."

Grimm Slayer: "No I mean ask nicely." She said sitting down.

Thor: "We meant no disrespect."

Grimm Slayer: "Okay well, no more smashing, deal?" She asked them both.

Thor: "You have my word."

Valkyrie: "Mine as well."

Grimm Slayer: "Good, now let's get going!" She said excitedly as she paid for the food and they left the town, their journey had began, fighting Grimm along the way, stopping every now and then to rest, Thor and Valkyrie were learning what they needed, about Remnant and magic, weeks turned to months as they wandered many places and studied them carefully, but after a while they noticed one thing about Grimm Slayer, everywhere they went there was always Grimm to slay and she would not hesitate to do so, heck she didn't care about learning about places they just explored, she was just there to kill the Grimm, she had alot of knowledge on Grimm, even carrying  Journals which had all kinds of things about Grimm, from the types of species, to behavior, sleeping schedules, migration seasons, eating habits, etc. This worried Thor, why was it that she knew so much? Why only hunt Grimm? He just wanted to know, and one day during setting up a campfire to rest for the night, he found the strength to ask her.

Thor: "Why are you so obsessed with Grimm?" He asked her as she dropped wood into the campfire.

Grimm Slayer: "Don't ask things like that Thor." She said sounding a bit angry.

Thor: "Why not? We've travelled to so many places as it is, and yet all you've done is kill the Grimm that's there."

Grimm Slayer: "That's all I care about." She said sitting down on a log.

Thor: "How could you say that!?! Thor shouted angrily getting up.

Thor: "What about your family or friends!? What of their worried about you?"

Grimm Slayer: "I don't have any of that." She said as it surprised Thor and Valkyrie.

Valkyrie: "Wha-What do you mean?" Valkyrie asked as Grimm Slayer sighed and picked up a stick and started poking the fire.

Grimm Slayer: "When I...was younger, I lived in a small village, it only had about 20 people living there, if anyone came there, it was only to rest at my family's Tavern, or just have the village's Blacksmith make something for them, only farmers settled there, it was nice, quiet, and isolated, only problems we ever had were drunks or animal attacks, but it was nothing we couldn't handle, I lived with my mother, my big brother, and my little sister, we were a happy family of four, my father had left after my little sister was born, leaving my mother, Carla, in charge of the Tavern."