Awaken Me

He looked up from his usual dealings to see a scrawny kid wearing a ragged cloak wandering over, undoubtedly lost. The kid's clothes indicated that they didn't have any money and seemed too small to offer any sort of sport. So like all men with something to prove he set out to make himself look like the top of the food chain.

Bullying was a profession he had come into early on in life and he always made himself out to be the meanest and toughest guy around. No one got the better of him and no one was too small or insignificant to escape his reign of terror all through his schooling days and even later when he took control of the streets.

He surrounded himself with tough guys that couldn't or wouldn't dethrone him, but were useful as extra muscle. Most were too dumb or not strong enough to have the ambition necessary to carry out such a tall order. He had to be top dog and making sure he was the strongest and shrewdest of the bunch ensured his continued rule over this part of town.

This new prey, whose gender still had yet to be determined, would be more glue he would use to keep the pieces firmly in place, under his thumb. Beating a shrimp like this would assure his position at the top for a while yet, especially if it was a girl. It takes a lot of balls to hit a woman, though it would be a shame if she was really fine and he had to mess up a pretty face.

As the figure came closer, the shadows obscuring the stranger dissipated, leaving them open for observation. He thought it might be a girl because if that was a boy, he was the girliest boy the man had ever seen.

He called out to the figure, "Come over here, baby, and we can have some fun." The guys next to him chortled in amusement, as if he had told some great joke.

The figure stopped moving and he lifted his hand to his men, giving them the signal to surround the lone presence. They moved and made a ring with the cloaked person in the middle. He stepped past the outer rim into the middle with the stranger.

He walked up to the slight person and grabbed the hood previously shrouding what he took to be a girl's face. His mouth fell open as rather disinterested emerald eyes locked onto his own. His eyes roved over the face of one of the best looking women he had ever seen. The pronounced cheekbones and delicate features combined into a very attractive package. He was a little disappointed when his catch had a boy's haircut, but it suited her well enough, only reaching her ears. The light brown color seemed to catch the stray streaks of the street lamps and shine in a very enticing way.

All in all, the whole package screamed to him to take advantage of such circumstances; a lone, lost woman in unfamiliar territory. He licked his lips at the thought and his eyes took on a predatory glint as he assessed the situation. He hadn't been boss for so long by showing mercy to every bumbling fool who walked into his house.

He leant closer and found the girl to smell pretty bad, but with the state of the rags she was wearing he had expected as much. "Now, sweetheart, are we going to do this the easy way or the hard way? You just give me what I want and then you can be on your merry way only slightly worse for wear." The men around him guffawed at what the lewd meaning behind his statement.

The man felt a feeling of uneasiness settle in his gut and sweat begin to bead on his upper lip. This girl was just standing there, no shivering or quaking in fear of what he was propositioning to do to her. Her expression hadn't changed one bit from the bored she had arrived with.

All of a sudden, her eyes grew distant as if she were thinking about something else and had disconnected herself from reality. Her lips moved quickly and silently like she was talking to someone, but she had arrived alone.

He felt some anger that she was dismissing him so easily and saw the chance to reach out to grab the girl by the throat. He had just wrapped his fingers around the vulnerable flesh when he felt something crushing the bones in his wrist. He gasped in pain and looked down to see who would dare to put such a hold upon him.