1.40

mackenzie slowly slid up to standing, holding johnny's hands tightly and pulling him up too. they were both nervous. mackenies legs were dotted with goosebumps and they were shaking, something she was hiding from johnny.

johnny smiled wickedly down at her. "you're something else." he then groaned. "we must be a bad influence on you."

mackezie smiled a sultry smile. johnny tucked some of her hair behind her ear and ran another hand down the side of her body. "you're a cuddling virgin. i'm a skinny dipping virgin." mackenzie said softly, looking up at him.

"you're a virgin, period-" he started to say, but she held a finger up to his lips.

"shh." she giggled. "i don't know how to do this."

"we get in. take everything off. there."

mackenzie led them over to the side of the pool. "it looks cold-" she started to say, before johnny pushed her in and cracked up laughing.

she resurfaced, soaking wet and pretending to be mad. "it's cold!" she yelled, raising her hands above the water and exposing her top to johnny. in this part, she could just touch the bottom. "hurry up and get in!" she yelled at him.

he folded his arms. "take everything off." he said slowly, sitting on the edge of the pool where he casually hugged his knees to his chest.

she shook her head mischievously. "what about you?"

"i'll get in when you're done." he said, smiling lazily.

she stared at him for a long time before finally, she rested her hands on the hem of her bikini top. mackenzie raised it slowly over her head, keeping eye contact with johnny the whole time. she then slipped her hands into the water, and when she pulled them out again, her bikni bottoms were in her hand. she threw both of the items at johnny and he only just dodged them.

johnny was barely containing himself. "fucking hell." he finally groaned.

she laughed, music to his ears. "get in."

he didn't need to be told twice. johnny slid in, hardly making a splash. soon enough his shorts joined the pile of their discarded clothes.

"now what?" she asked.

"we swim." he shrugged.

"you actually swim?"

"try it." he finally said, shaking his head with a smile. "it's different, but nice."

"you sound as if you speak from experience." she called him out.

he shrugged. "my friends and i went a lot at the end of high school. darius, nadia, lauren, and will included."

mackenzie leaned back and floated, looking up at the stars. that made her upset more than she cared to show. "i wish i'd let loose a little more in high school. i regret it now."

"do you regret being valedictorian though?" mackenzie was surprised to hear johnny beside her. he was floating too.

"no." she frowned. "but i didn't have fun. i had stress and anxiety and i studied my ass off- for no apparent reason. i still don't even know what i'm going to do with my life, all i know is that i want to go to the college maddie goes to because i miss her so much. and now i don't know how to be in a relationship or let loose." she wiped her eyes. "fucking hell." she then mumbled.