Chapter 5

I continued to remind Yuri what to do and what not to do as we drove to the police station, where monika said she was going to be waiting.

" What if it's a trap? " Yuri said with both hands tightly around the steering wheel, " Me personally, I don't mind. It would be fun "

" If it's a trap.. " I slowly answered then cleared my aching throat. If monika really does want my lover dead..
Why at a police station?

Then again.. she did say she had a family member or someone working there and perhaps they're in on it. I can feel Yuri's eyes staring at me without crashing the car..
I felt some kind of pressure from her gaze.

" If we don't show up " I began, " the search team would only continue and that would mean a harder life to live.. "

" Would you rather have me killed? " Yuri says sharply.

" Of course not! " I quickly objected in a shout. She smiled, returning her eyes to the road.

" I was just asking~ " She giggled and rested her right palm onto my thigh, " What's life without a little fun? "

I guess we're really doing this..

I just hope Yuri doesn't lose it as soon as she sees Monika..
-

We made it to the police station right on time. Monika greeted us and introduced us to her Aunt- a tall woman with long black hair and golden colored eyes.

" And you're Natsuki, right? " the woman asked for reassurance. I nodded.

" My name is Rebecca " She said with a friendly smile, " I'll be talking to you "

The grip yuri had around mine went tight. Rebecca seems like a regular person.. I don't know why..

This is Monika's aunt we're talking about. C'mon natsuki focus.

" Now just follow me~ " Rebecca ordered, turning around back into the building. I followed, with yuri on my right and monika on my left. I felt the stares from many and heard the small murmurs as we walked in. Everyone looked very suspicious..

Rebecca lead us to her office, it was surprisingly big and through the windows, I can see the other buildings. She told us to sit down and when I say " us "..

" Why must I leave? " Yuri asked with a harsh tone.

" Because all I need is answers from only Natsuki " Rebecca said calmly. Monika laughed nervously, trying to lead Yuri out the door. Everytime monika touched her, I could see Yuri tense up with her eyes widening but she quickly hides it with a grin.

After Monika takes her out the door, she comes back in with guilt written all over her face. Closing the door behind her, I hear a small click.

Did she lock it?

" Natsuki " Rebecca began, " We're sorry for everything you have been through "

I tensed up, seeing her step closer to me with a hand behind her back.

" We know you didn't kill you father " She continued, " We know that.. Yuri did "

She pulled out the special knife I saw yesterday, covered in blood. Monika looked down, clenching the doorknob tight.

" We also know.. she is responsible for 600 murders " She finally said.

600?!

I jolted up when I heard a loud bang from still inside the station. Footsteps, yelling, and screaming was all the rest we heard. Echoing the hallways was pure laughter and shouting.

My eyes shot at Monika, who looked even more hurt than I was.

" Natsuki, I can explain- " She tried to began but I walked up to her, grabbing her by the hair and yanking her to the side to fall against the wall. Rebecca pulls me into a headlock, pinning my body to the wall beside the door. I felt something cold press against the back of my head. From the corner of my eye, I see monika struggling to get back on her feet. She leaned against the wall beside me, rubbing her shoulder.

" Th-They have my family, Natsuki " She quietly sobbed, " I really care about Yuri but I didn't have a choice! "

" And they'll be safe and sound back at your place " Rebecca's voice stepped in. I struggled to get loose but the grip and weight she had on me, tired me out quickly. The yelling and shouting from the other side went louder and louder. Monika weakly sat up straight, looking at me to apologize once more before using the rest of her strength to run out the hidden door.

" You see natsuki " Rebecca explain, " I work for an old church that helped children find their way back to the light. But some children, don't know how to open their hearts for our lord "

" You're f*cking crazy! " I screamed without thinking. I almost had the opportunity to duck down from the gun but got kneed hard back into place. My body was aching all over again and most of the pain was going into my head. I started to notice how quiet it got from the outside. Soft footsteps were echoing in the hallways, coming closer and closer.

Suddenly, the locked door swings open and breaks the wall as soon as it makes impact.

" People who meet their ends.. " Yuri giggled with blood and glass covering most of her body. Blood was dripping down her head, her clothes were ripped from the top of her torso and her pants looked like ripped up shorts.

" From the torturing of their own blood.. should stay dead " Yuri continued, " Because it's heaven itself, is it not? So stop trying to use God to hide your unforgivable sins~ "

The grip weakened but the pressure of the gun was pushed more onto my head.

" But anyways.. " Yuri mumbled, taking a step closer. Rebecca tensed up, yanking me into her arms with the gun now pointing on the side of my head.

" If you take another step, she'll get the bullets! " Rebecca warned. Yuri looked at me, shaking her head in disappointment.

I see a sharp needle appearing right behind her and when I was about to shout, it pierces into her neck. Yuri stumbles onto the wall and looks over at the man with a white coat and crystal eyes.

" Now, now " He spoke, pulling up Yuri's hair for her to keep standing. She struggles weakly yet her eyes were rolling back.

" Libitina sure has gotten reckless " He spoke again, taking out the syringe needle from where he struck her. Then he dropped

" Should we take this one too? " Rebecca asked while putting more pressure onto my throat.

" Of course " The doctor answered as he took a good look at me. He pulled out Yuri's book from his coat and flipped through the pages. I gulped hard.

" She will be our test subject for Libitina's future experiments " he finally said then walked away.

It went harder and harder for me to continue breathing. I scratched the surface of Rebecca's arm, kicking and gasping as the world turned darker and darker.