Chapter 1

~Yuri's POV~

" It was in my bag.. " Monika said while looking over to Natsuki and Sayori, who were still in their tight hug.

I looked over as well, getting a strange vibe from monika as I held onto my book tight.

Does she know something?

" Alright " Sayori giggled happily and wiped her own tears away, " Don't scare me again, okay? "

Natsuki nodded quickly, " I promise! "

" We're sorry for your loss, Natsuki " Sayori then said as she kept her hand in her best friend's.

Natsuki looked puzzled, " Wh-What? "

" Your father.. he died in the fire " Monika said slowly.

I noticed when Natsuki hesitated to make a shocking expression. She looked at me, hoping to get an answer from me. My heart stayed calm as ever but I was growing concerned. Not from this situation but from another that I know it'll show soon.

Natsuki forced out a few tears and tried to sound convincing of her sorrow. I watched quietly, trying to read off Monika's mind. She seems like herself..
Nothing is new about her yet.. something keeps bothering me.

I can't gather enough information like this when Sayori is here..

" I'll be right back " I said as I stood up with my book and walked out of the room. I went to my backyard and pulled out my extra phone that I hid underneath my bed. I dialed Sayori's phone number.

I haven't manipulated anyone's voice in a LONG time but I'm glad I managed to pull off Sayori's mother's voice.

" Please come home. It's an emergency " I spoke into it in her mother's voice still.

" Aww but Natsuki- "

" You can see her again after, I promise " I interrupted as I heard her from the outside. I hung up the phone and sneaked my way back inside when Sayori was already walking away.

" H-Hey guys, I just saw Sayori leave.. " I began as I walked back to the room the other two are in, " What happened? "

" She had to go home " Natsuki pouted then yawned.

" Someone is sleepy " Monika giggled and tucked my lover in, " Don't sleep for too long, okay? "

I looked at my lover from behind Monika. Her eyes slightly squinted as I gave a nod. Natsuki understood (I hope) the message I tried to give and decided to fall asleep. Me and Monika walked out of the room quietly.

" Poor girl " Monika spoke under her breath, " She's been through a lot "

I nodded in agreement.

The way monika is perfectly calm is making me a little more suspicious..

Or maybe I'm still on the edge and can't stop overthinking..

" Yuri? " Monika's voice entered my thoughts.

" A-Ah, yes? " I replied quickly. She asked if I was alright since I dazed into my mind. I told her I was okay, of course.

" On a serious note " Monika began as she took a seat in one of the chairs in the kitchen, " Though he was burnt, the paramedics had notice stab wounds. One of the investigators in this case, wants to talk to Natsuki "

" Why do they need to talk to her? " I asked.

" Because he was killed before the fire happened. They want to know if Natsuki may had noticed things before he was killed "

" T-That's useless "

" They're trying to find the person who killed your girlfriend's father, Yuri " Monika boldly explained, " They're going to question Natsuki anyway. Besides, they been looking for her "

I gulped hard to the point it hurt. I already knew people were looking for her but we're not at the church to hide anymore and never will be.

" Just let her answer the questions so this won't turn any bigger than it already is " She finally said.

I twirled the tips of my hair, trying to think of what Natsuki could say and what can just bring this case into an end. Monika looked at me, waiting for an answer.

I took a deep breath and turned to see my lover, who fell into deep sleep. I don't want her to go but I want this case to close too. I especially want the search party to go away..

I continue to hesitate though..
Though some of my crimes remain a mystery; I shouldn't worry much. But anything could happen..

My thoughts were fading and so was the sounds of the world. All I heard was the non-stop ticking of the living room clock.

There's not much time, huh?

" She'll answer the questions.. " I mumbled but then stared into Monika's eyes, clearing my throat so I could be heard perfectly, " But I'm going with her "

Monika clicked the end of her pen, looking directly into my eyes as well. Is she thinking?

" I don't think they'll let you, Yuri " she said blankly.

" They'll change their mind " I fired back and turned to my sleeping lover once again.

I'm going to protect her..

No matter what.
-

After a good hour, Natsuki woke up..
Monika explained the whole situation to her and I could tell that she started to get really nervous. I mean, I don't blame her..

Natsuki agreed to speaking with one of the investigators, though she doesn't really have a choice.. One of Monika's relatives is one of the investigators and so she told Natsuki not to worry.

How come she didn't tell me this?

" When do I see them? " Natsuki asked.

" When you're healed " I replied.