In The City We Sinning

Start from the beginning

We started to skate- slowly at first since I was new

We started to skate- slowly at first since I was new. I was scared- super scared. If I skated too fast and went somewhere by accident alone, I was lost. Finn knew this place better than me.

«Don't be scared.» he said calmly and comforting.

I nervously chuckled. «Can I hold your hand aha?» I nervously laughed off my anxiety and fear. He took out his hand without saying anything, I grabbed it by my dear life. My foot slowly and carefully pushed off and Finn followed.

«Ow, you're crushing my hand y/n.» Finn says with a hint of pain in his voice. «If you think I'm letting you go, then you're insane.» I was balancing and focusing super hard, I held my breath as I kept looking at the road ahead. Strangely, it was like we were the only ones here. We had the whole town to ourselves. I slowly start to soften my grip on Finns hand, slowly, but I'm getting there.

The wheels are rolling and I can slightly feel some sort of breeze lift my hair a bit, but only just. Do I dare to push again? I completely let go of Finns hand but my arms are still up for balance. Finn's right beside me, carefully watching me. Even though I was about to fucking scream due to nervousness and anxiety, I somehow let my other foot down and gave another push.

The moment I pushed away- the speed increased, my hair was lifted and pulled away from my face, I could feel the wind on the outline of my body. Hell, I felt like Rose in that scene from titanic, arms out and everything. I got a huge smile on my face and I felt so happy and peaceful. The city lights were moving so fast that they were all a blur, they almost turned to stars who shined bright at me. It felt fucking amazing.

I gave another push, and everything doubled. More wind, my hair got even more lifted, I got a bigger smile, the city lights were like flickers at this point, my eyes reflected all of the lights. They were somewhat alive. My stomach was tumbling and turning, but in a good way. I didn't think about anything, I was just there in the moment. Enjoying every part of it.

The speed started to slow down and I took my arms down. I stopped the skateboard and looked behind me, Finn was right behind. «You looked like you enjoyed yourself.»