In The City We Sinning

Start from the beginning

I thought about it for a second. «No,.. don't think so.» I curl my lip.

He smirks. «You're really missing out. It's so beautiful, and didn't you tell me once that going out after the dark is-»

«the most peaceful and wonderful thing to exist.» I interrupt. He smiles at me and I smile back and roll my eyes. «Fine. I'll go.»

«Ok, go get changed and meet me here.»
______

The outfit- I just wanted something basic

___

«you actually brought your skateboard?» I say unimpressed.

«Well yeAH- ok. Just imagine skating down, wind blowing through your hair, your standing still but somehow still moving, the fresh air makes you feel at peace and the lights from the skyscrapers and city lights make you feel like you're not even here, but somewhere where you feel free.»

I take a deep breath in. «Alright, but one thing... I cannot skate.» I smile at him sarcastically.

He lets out a soft chuckle. «Thats alright. I can teach you. It's not that hard.»

I let out a big fat laugh. «Teach me?! That- no- I'm not good at this- I'm literally going to fucking break my neck and die.» i exclaim.

«Noooo- come on. I'm a great teacher. Here, come here.» he takes out his hand and I grab it. He pulls me to his skateboard. «Ok, now slowly get on it. One foot at a time.» he says comforting. I'm gripping his hand super tight cause I'm too scared that I'll fall.

I take both of my hands and put them on his shoulders for support. «Good, now take your good leg and push off from the ground.» I do as he says and hesitantly push off. He starts walking to catch up with me.

«Ok, now lean to go where you want.» I start to slowly do that, and I manage it. I let out a soft laugh of relief. «YOURE DOING IT!» I hear him yell out, no longer standing next to me. This makes me go out of balance and I stumble off the board.

«Woah! Are you okay?» he runs to me worried. I giggle. «Uhm, yeAH.» I faintly laugh. «I'm okay.»

He sighs with relief. «Good, now come on.» he takes out his hand and I grab it as he pulls me up. He drags me to him with the hand and puts his arm around my shoulders as we start walking.

Downtown Atlanta is beautiful.