"Lena you don't understand. Kara Danvers gave her an opportunity to be just her, to be normal. If you could give up the Luthor name and just be Lena. Not being judged, not being looked at like the next Lex. Wouldn't you take that chance for a normal life?"

"This is real life, not a fairy tale." Standing up and taking her leave she says, "If she doesn't come in tomorrow she is fired."

Grabbing his phone James calls Alex and informs her of the situation. She tells him she will talk to her.

-At Kara's Apartment-

Walking in Alex sees a mess. Looking like no one has cleaned, or even lived there in ages. Moving things around she sees Kara sitting on the floor and resting her head in the bed as she looked out her window.

"Kara, have you eaten at all?"

Getting no answer Alex begins to pick up around he apartment. An hour later the apartment looks picked up and fresh.

"I'll order some potstickers from your favorite place."

"I'm not hungry..."

"Kara Danvers rejecting potstickers? Am I dreaming?"

"Why are you here? I thought I made it clear I didn't want to see anyone."

"Well Kara Danvers does have a job, which she will get fired from if she doesn't show up tomorrow."

Sitting next to her Alex wraps an arm around her and pulls her close. "I know you are hurting, but you need to face this."

"How? Everytime I find love it gets ripped away from me, as if I was a joke. First James, then Mon-El, and now Lena. You know what hurts the most is that I chose to leave them. I realized me and James didn't work out, I sent Mon-El off and then let him go again, but Lena... I had no control, for the first time there was something neither Kara or Supergirl could control..."

"Lena is probably hurting too, you need to talk to her."

"I can't go back to a normal life. I'm not human, Alex, I've tried to be many times and each time I get proven wrong. I can't go back and face her."

"Try, that's all I'm asking. The Kara Danvers I know will get back up and stop at nothing to achieve her goal."

Kara gets up nodding and gets in bed, "for today, I just want to stay in bed. Tomorrow I'll go to work."

"Fine but if I hear you missed work I'll did to you what I did back in high school."

"Okay, one time. It was important, I had to get my backpack back from that neighborhood dog that hated me." She replied, finally showing the faintest smile.

-Next Day-

Early morning Kara got up and got dressed. Dreading the day ahead of her she takes the bus to the coffee shop and grabs herself and James a cup of coffee. As she made her way up she tried to lift her spirits by thinking back at what Alex had told her the day before. Walking of the elevator she smiles and greets everyone and heads to James office. Knocking at the entrance James looks up to see her and smiles. Getting up from his seat he goes to her and hugs her making her almost drop her coffee.

"Hey be careful, this one is for you," She says handing him one.

"You know you don't work for Cat anymore and you're my secretary," he says with a smile taking the coffee and drinking some.

"Well no, it's just I missed you. I also wanted to talk to you."

"You're wondering if I was really going to fire you?"