Broken

*Penelope's Point of view*

          I can't believe what I just saw.  I didn't know how to react.

          I tried getting away but, in the process, I fell. He screamed out my name, but I heard nothing, the image of them kissing kept replaying through my head.

          How could he do this to me right after he said he loves me.

          So many thoughts went through my head as I got up and ran.

          I had no way home because he drove me there in his car.

          When I got outside is was raining I took off my shoes and ran off I ran until I was home.

          When I got home, I ran straight up to my room.

          I was crying for multiple reasons. One, because of the heartbreak Eric put me threw and now my mom's dress was ruined.

          I couldn't believe that he did that. I just sat on the floor crying.

          I looked at the corsage that he got me and all the memories of me and him just went through my mind.

          The memories made me cry even harder, I sat on the floor and just cried so hard. after so long I couldn't breathe and was on the verge an asthma attack. I had to calm down but, just as I was starting to calm down he called.

          He called and called and called, neither time did I answer. Then he texted me "I'm outside, please let me in"

          I replied with "please go home, I don't want to talk to you"

          "please let me explain" he replied. 

          I didn't respond.

          I took off the dress and didn't bother putting on more clothes. I just laid in the bed.

          I... was... broken...

          The thought of Eric and Jennifer being back together made me inconsolable.

          I cried myself to sleep.

          The next day I didn't bother getting out of bed.

          I just slept all day. The crying made me so tired. When night fall hit, I cried yet again.

          The next day was school, I didn't bother going, I knew that if I saw Jennifer and Eric that I'd just lose it.

          She had done it to me once again but, I guess that was my fault for getting involved with someone who she was once involved with.

          That whole day I laid in bed staring at the ceiling, thinking about life.

          I eventually got up to eat.

          I didn't really feel like going back upstairs so I laid on the couch and flicked through the movie channels.

          They had so many love stories on. So many sad movies not all of them had happy endings but, they always had good story lines. People died and lived but for some reason people always ended up happy.

          Even, the person less fortunate always ended up happy in the end. But, that wasn't the case this time around.

          In the love story that I was in, the less fortunate person always ended up in heartbreak and distress.

          So much heartbreak...

          So much distress...

          My love story is so unsteady.

          I laid on the couch for the rest of the day. He texted and called so much, I never answered.

          I ended up sleeping on the couch, the next day it hit me even worse, this time I didn't even get up to eat.

          I just continued my love story marathon.

          Halfway through the day I heard a knock at the door, it was Eric.

          When I opened the door, I didn't even let him in, I just stared at him and broke down into tears.

          He tried catching me before I hit the ground but I yelled at him not to touch me.

          He didn't listen, he just wrapped his arms around me, picked me up and took me inside.

          I realized he was touching me, like he did nothing, like we were okay.

          "don't touch me Eric... just don't!"

          He tried touching my face. "Penelope, just let me explain"

          I swatted his hand.

          "explain what Eric? Explain how you cheated right after you claimed that you loved me? Explain how I let you in and you... you... you broke me Eric! You broke every piece of me from the inside out. Whatever little bit of trust I had left inside of me... you took that from me. Eric Demarco you broke me"

          He was silent.

          "Penelope just let me explain what happened"

          There was more silence

          I stared at him and he stared back, seeing him and looking into his eyes made me pissed. So, I murmured "Get out"

          "wait Penelope" I cut him off "GET OUT!"

          He looked at me then got up and walked out. And there at that moment I knew that I had done to him what he'd done to me. I had just broken his heart.