41; Savior | Alternate Ending

Start from the beginning

This time Shredder and Jeff both gasped at the same time.

"I would never stab him!" Protested Jeff.

"He would never stab me!" Agreed Shredder.

"He would. It says here in Chapter 40," pointed out London, holding up her phone to them. They squinted at it and passed it around the room to each of the guards and ninjas to see as well, then handed it back to London.

"I can't believe you would do that to me, Jeff," said Shredder. "I trusted you."

Jeff's jaw dropped. "I haven't done it yet!"

"But you will."

"Not if you stop working with the Kraang," London reminded.

    Oroku Saki pondered this for a moment, then nodded his head. "You're right. Those aliens are all a bunch of brains anyway. Jeff, I task you with destroying this missile."

    Jeff bowed. "It would be an honor."

    "Good then. I'll be going, then." London stepped onto her floating pillow and crouched down to leave.

    "Wait!" Jeff ran up to her, grabbing her hand before she could disappear. "Do you want to go to a bookstore with me one day?" He asked hopefully.

    London's nose wrinkled. "Why a bookstore?"

    "I don't know. It just seemed appropriate."

    "Well . . . maybe one day. Bye, now." She waved and flew out one of the windows that had opened conveniently, Jeff watching her until he could no longer see her.

    "Go destroy that missile before I change my mind, Jeff!" Shouted Shredder.

    "Oh yeah, of course!" Jeff lifted the heavy missile with one hand and walked out of the throne room.

Meanwhile, London traveled into the next chapter, where it was a Saturday morning, and the crew was just finishing breakfast. Leo didn't come out until after they had all dispersed. Towel draped around his neck, he scoured the refrigerator for something to fill his empty stomach, which growled at him impatiently. A few eggs would re-establish his protein level, and he threw in some other sides like toast and an apple.

Raph passed through to grab a snack to munch on while watching Yu-Gi-Oh on one of the Saturday morning television channels. "Well, look who finally crawled out of his cave," he teased.

    Leonardo sighed, for this was standard in his life.

    "You know, you haven't laughed in forever," he began, snatching a bag of potato chips from a cupboard above. Leo rolled his eyes and stuffed a bite of egg into his mouth. "Haven't seen you smile in a while either."

"Raph . . ."

"I'm being serious here." Raph turned around and leaned up against the counter as he popped the bag open. It squeaked repeatedly in his hands.

"I am, too. Stop."

    The younger tossed a chip into his mouth and crunched on it. "Actually, I think you need to hear this," decided he. "You need to get out more; have a little fun."

    Leo didn't look up from his plate. "I'm good. Thanks."

    "I don't think you are. We should do something sometime."

    "Like what?" He scoffed. "Watch anime and play Halo? Spend an extra hour topside? What else do you consider "doing something", huh? That crap isn't fun to me anymore. Maybe when I was a kid, but now I have more important things to do." He immediately returned his eyes to the eggs that were beginning to cool off.