Chapter 58

Emma stared at the battle field that was formed in a matter of minutes. Mist from the cascading water of the whirlpool flew up and cooled everyone down from the previous heat of the fire battle. The water elite waited for the faces of the competitiors flash on screen before nodding to the game masters.

The loud and low sound of the horn rung through the arena as tension filled the space afterwards. If was the final battle, and The water fights always tended to be the most interesting.

David stood in a defensive stance, listening to his surroundings as he waited for someone to play the first move. Across from him He saw the first few shards of ice being shot at random targets, but most were either deflected or melted by the targets.

The battle was on, and water in many shapes moved around in offensive and defensive positions that seemed almost pattern intended. David began pulling up water from the rapid spinning whirlpool below, building off of the thin ice pillar he stood on. The mage kept building and deflecting attacks as he made his area larger, more ground meant more of a chance to win.

The first few competitors were knocked down into the giant swirling water. Dragons swooped down to scoop the fallen mages out of the water, but that didn't lessen David's fear of falling.

"Let's not fall in the giant toilet bowl today." David mumbled. He shot a few sharp ice shards at an unsuspecting mage, the shard burying itself in the leg of the fighter. The boy screamed in pain as he fell into the water, the dragons swooping in and quickly grabbing him.

"Five down, three to go." David said with excitement. His chances at winning were rising, and if he could remain distant in his attacks, he was given an even larger chance at winning. With a small flick of his wrist, a large body of water formed behind him, ready for a command.

David's blue eyes spotted the last remaining three competitors, all of them fighting head on. One of the mages were fighting with long whips made of water, freezing the whip as it nearly made contact with its victim. Another had used ice spears to defend themselves from the whips, while the third did have his legs encased in ice, he was shooting lose shards of ice carefully aimed at the fighting mages.

David collected more water, ready to send both mages over the edge. With a swing of his arms, the water flowed towards the three fighting mages, none of them knowing what hit them.

Two went toppling over the edge of the ice pillar, plummeting into the water with a gurgled scream. The dragons saflet retrieved both of them with some difficulty, one mage getting dangerously close to the center of the whirlpool. The third mage was now no longer partially encased in ice, but now he was rather free and ready with his ice spears in hand.

With a simple shift in stance, David could feel the ice pillar shaking. The ice made a huge blue noise as the cracks grew larger, the pillar ready to tumble to the water at any second.

The two water mages stopped and stared at each other. With little time wasted, the mage that David was staring at made the first move. More ice spikes shot at David's feet, forcing the blue haired male to move. The opposing water user moved his long black hair back, his sharp, dark blue eyes piercing David's light blue ones. With larger and more accurate ice spears, the mage shot more and more ice at David, frustrated that The boy kept melting the ice before it could hit him.

David was quick on his feet, charging towards the dark skinned man with speedy reflexes. David begun wrapping pure ice around the man, trying to keep him from pouring out more attacks. But the rope wasn't enough, as David wrapped the other mage frocused on melting he rope from where it started.

"Dammit, quit moving so I can get this over with!" David said with desperation. The tanned man smirked As he burst out of the rope with ease, clearly not going down unless he was knocked into the whirlpool.

"Why should you win? So you can go see your girlfriend?" The man asked, taking a riskey look back to the elites stands. His dark blue eyes looked at Emma with an unexplainable attraction. David grew furious, building up his energy with the rage glowing through his veins.

"I will say little man, I'll treat her good when you leave. Little girls like her can be taught how to behave with a little discipline." He laughed, winning at the unsuspecting girl. David let out a yell, sending a massive wave crashing down on the man. When the opposing mage split the wave to avoid being knocked off, he was hit with a sharp blade of ice.

David had formed a large collection of ice spikes, all ready to be hurled and ready to kill the man.

"I'll give you this one chance of mercy. Surrender now, and you won't have to face me anymore." David said without fear. The man looked at David like he was crazy, but he formed his own ice spear, launching it with breakneck speed. David sent his ice spikes and tried to defend himself from the spikes, but it was too quick, Going right through David's abdomen and tearing through him.

David let out a cry filled with blood, he coughed out the red liquid that always comes back to haunt Emma every month. But he was in pain, and dying.

Emma's eyes widened, her heart going at a pace she's never felt before. She could feel it in her veins. Something she never knew existed. Her thoughts were on a rampage, every thought thinking about what awful things could happen, images of David dying, him being strangled. She wanted it to stop, for Her to go down to David and help him.

The other man was impaled in many more ways then in his abdominal area, his wounds were much less deep, and not life threatening.

The crowd was yelling for the medics, for them not to pay attention to the black haired mage, but rather to David. The healing mage was done with the noise. Pulling out a remote, he pushed the button.