Chapter Twenty-Nine

Start from the beginning

"Miss Fawley," Lucius began, "We are thankful that you have allowed us the privilege to advise you in regard to your future. But you may wish to seek other advisors right now for what I am about to propose."

Regina smiled generously, "I hardly believe that is necessary, Lord Malfoy. Your standing with our Lord has always made our business very mutually beneficial."

"I believe," Lucius said smiling at Regina's compliment, "That what I would propose would be very beneficial."

Lucius stood up and motioned to his son who took his father's place behind the desk.

"Regina," Draco said with familiarity. "My father and I have drawn up a contract for marriage."

He placed a piece of paper. "I am asking you before this family witness if you will allow me the pleasure of courting you."

Regina smiled. She had expected, even hoped for this. The Dark Lord had no children that she was aware of, neither did his other lieutenant, Bellatrix Lestrange. But his right hand in the social political world had the handsome blonde Draco Malfoy. She looked briefly at the marriage contract. Her great-grandfather had taught her how to look discreetly for the main things, but she had a solicitor here for the purpose of business. It would be Mr. Zellar's job to watch out for the Fawley Family interests here.

"I will of course," she said, "Ask my solicitor to look this document over. I will of course seek one other independent counselor. But in my opinion, those are mere formalities. It would be a pleasure to stand at Draco's side." She added slyly, "And strengthen our family ties."

This would be a marriage that both her great-grandfather and her father would seek to stop. But they were out of the picture. This was not the world that they had brought her into. This was the world she wanted.

Draco and Regina both stood up and embraced.

"I think," Mrs. Malfoy spoke for the first time, "That we should introduce this pairing at the Boxer Day Party."

+ + + +

Regina Fawley stood before a full length mirror in the gawdy guest room of Malfoy Manor. Behind her Jillian fussed with Regina's hair. It was all pulled pack, not a bang was left out of place on her face. Jillian concentrated to hold all of Regina's fine blonde hair in a bun on the back of her head. Meanwhile Regina stood tall in front of the mirror. She wore a white gown that traveled all the way to the floor. The gown was sleeveless, showing her white-muscled arms. The neckline was nearly scandalous for the pureblooded of the Wizarding world. It dipped below the breasts, leaving the breasts held up and hidden, but no imagination where the eyes would be drawn. Silver and black trim wove around the arms and as a belt around her waist. Regina stood tall in 9 inch Slytherin green high heels.

Regina was not yet adorned with much jewelry. She wore the serpent mark on her left arm, its silver snake again proudly displayed. She wore the Fawley heir ring on her left hand, her index finger. She wore nothing else presently.

There was a knock on the door. Regina nodded to Jillian. "Go, finish getting ready. I will help you with your hair in a minute." Then Regina glided to the door. When Regina opened it, it was Narcissa Malfoy. She beamed proudly at Regina.

"You are breathlessly beautiful," she told her. "The Daily Prophet will be talking about you and Draco for weeks."

Regina gave her future mother-in-law the rare blush. "Thank you."

"Are you almost ready?" She asked.

Regina replied, "A woman is never truly ready –"with a laugh she added, "But as ready as I ever will be. I just need to help Jillian with her hair and then we will be out."