Birth day

3rd person POV

Y/n felt the sudden harsh pain as she lent on her best friend, Shawn. He was using all his strength to get her to the emergency room the second her water broke. Y/n knew the contractions were going to be harsh but she didn't think it was going to be as painful as it's said to be.

In the past hour, Shawn tried to get Harry on the line knowing he was awake because he was getting ready for his concert in Colorado.  He called and called but lost hope with every missed call. He was getting agitated and pissed. Harry knew y/n was due around the same dates he chose the tour dates. Even he as a singer knew how critical it was to cancel a date, but if his wife was close to delivering, he would have postponed the dates.

"Has he answered yet?" Y/n groans from her bed. Shawn looks over to his best friend/partner in crime. She was leaning over the hospital bed with tears in her eyes as they start to inject the epidural.

"No." He shakes his head in disappointment. "Okay. Call my parents and Anne, then call his manager." She says taking her practiced deep breaths. He does as told and her family promised that they're on their way except for Anne who has to book a flight.

"Three centimeters dilated. Take a nap y/n and we'll wake you." Y/n's midwife smiles as she leaves the room.

"Yeah.
Three centimeters.
He only has a few hours to be here before she gives birth so I suggest you get him on that jet now." Shawn said sternly into the phone. He shakes his head and look to y/n.

"They refuse to tell him until he's done performing." He whispers handing her the phone. She tiredly grabs it and starts talking to his management.

"Listen here. Harry's first child is to be born in minimum eight hours. If you don't tell him right now and bring him to the hospital, I'll let the whole world know what kind of person you are. So tell my husband his baby girl is on the way or I'll make sure myself that your dirty music industry secrets are out you twisted fu-"

Shawn quickly snatched the phone back from his tempered pregnant friend. "You heard her." He says hanging up and sitting on the uncomfortable chair.

They both look away from each other and sit in silence. When they were both dozing off into a nap y/n came to a realization.

"Do you think he's with her?" She whispers to her friend who was startled by the sudden noise. "I don't know y/n. But don't worry okay? Both families and I are here for you, okay?" He whispers from the couch.

"Thank you."

_________
Pt 2 soon