Chapter 5 "Found the way"

Two months later

The time had passed quickly, too fast for a person who looked at the world from his bed.

Tatiana will soon begin classes and Tatiana will begin her senior year of high school.

Tatiana, every day I thought about her.

From the day he told her they could not be together, Jose had not heard from her.

He asked his mother to call Tatiana's father just to ask him how he was, and he always said he was fine, only that sometimes he locked himself in his room and did not go out all night.

There were even nights when he said he was not hungry and did not eat.

Today was José's birthday and the only thing he wanted that day was to see her, but considering that a month ago they did not see each other, he thought it would be impossible for her to come.

But even so, the hopes of his entering through his door abounded inside.

It was around eight o'clock at night, when he was losing faith, that the doorbell of his house rang and Tatiana appeared in her room with a huge box in her arms.

He threw himself into Bruno's arms and hugged him for hours.

-I'm sorry I did not come before, it's just that I thought it was better to give it a little more space and let time pass a little more.

-I'm sorry I told you all those things, it really was not my intention.

It is just that...

-Shh ...

-Tatiana put her hand to her friend's lips, shutting it-

I have a gift for you and I want that, please, promise that you will prove it before saying that you do not want it.

Jose hesitated, but at the end of it all ended up accepting the fear that Tatiana would leave her house was much bigger than the fear of opening that gift.

Tatiana approached the box that had loaded with her and opened the gift leaving free a mechanical object, made of plastic, which resembled a leg.

-That's one ...

- Artificial leg

replied Tatiana

- Would you agree if I ask you to let me put it on you?

Jose shook his head.

-Not me...

-Please, you promised.

He swallowed and then recharged his lungs with air, after a few seconds, released.

He nodded and it was then that the leg was placed on his stump and, some time later, Tatiana helped him get out of bed.

At first it felt strange, but then it was as if suddenly his leg was back there, where he always was, and that made him completely excited.

-Where did you get this from?-

he asked with a huge smile on his face and eyes watering with emotion.

- Being away from you led me to explore new things.

There is a man near my house who makes all kinds of artificial joints.

He made an arm to one of my neighbors who was born with a stump in the right arm, instead of a doll.

-It feels like I'm walking on my own, I mean, I know it's not my foot, but it still feels like it.

It's not uncomfortable or anything and ... God, I can not believe you've managed to do this.

Tatiana smiled.

-Don't thank me, thank your mother who took the measurements while you were sleeping

-The smile spread reaching his eyes that suddenly became wet.

Bruno could not help it and slammed his lips against hers in a passionate kiss that lasted a long time.

-I love you-

he whispered on his lips.

-I love you.

Both young men went down the stairs of José's house holding hands and by the time they reached the room below Jose found himself with a surprise party in which there were many people he knew and, among them, also his family and of Tatiana, he was smiling and crying with joy.

It was then that Jose realized that there were people who loved him, and that he would never be alone next to Tatiana.